• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

an ice level about scatter ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arf

yeah. this is a level im working on instead of doing stuff for srb2&k.
it's about ice and scatter ring.
It's suppposed to be like a king of the hill map, in wich the top is the disputed place, because it has the random moniter.
it has mountains surrounding it so that should you happen to get blown away far enough, you might get lucky and land on them. But there are also columns that will make you fall to the pit. So you can also get bad lucky.
in here you can see the main land:
srb20009.png

Here you can see the first ,mountain:
srb20010.png

This is the latest version, it has some more mountains:
vpzpeq.png

Some points of itnerest:
-Due to the mainland being so concentrated, so is ammo and wepon panels. Meaning that it's all too concentrated, and could lead to shortage if a player is good enough.
-Another thing is that I could make every mountain colored differently, so as to make it easier to know where you are, but that looks kinda weird in an icy like level. After all, the main land and the first mountains were all the same colour, keeping consistency. (seriously a red mountain what)
In the mountains, there will be goodies, so that a hurt player who landed there, or knux/tails players can get an advantage. But the goodies shouldn't be more powerful than the ones offered in the top of the mainland, or else the whole conflict in there will be useless, and instead, action will be directed at the mountains, which I don't want.
-There should be paths that go inside the mainland, maybe some tunnels with transparent FOFs in the top to make it look like ice, maybe a frozen river or something, but a secondary path you can use to get around the mountain fasterly.
-Weapon panels and rings should be placed more thoughtfully, because this seems to be too easy to get to.
-the pillars are one sided to give at least some performance boost.
-maybe put some fofs over the pit so you can go out of the mainland for a while to get away from the conflict. But they shouldn't be too large, or else there's the risk of a player being comfortable in there and not fighting for the peak.
-Mountains can provide some breath and give cover after getting mercilessly hit.
-I'm going to make the mainland a bit more detailed later.

What it needs is moar mountainz. I dun't see enough mountains here >;O

I only just now realized the amount of typos on my post. Good god, I need to stop doing stuff at 5AM. Also, I've been working a bit on this, but any improvement is null if it isn't first tested on an on-line match. Which I kinda cannot host.
(Maybe later I'll fix my first post, right now I'm tired as all hell and would probably make even more typos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back