How old are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 18, it's a good age. I'm shocked that there are so many younger users on this forum. You should all make maps! Seriously though, the editing forum is basically dead, we need a new generation of wadders.

Last edited:
I'm a 49 year old that lives in Saudi Arabia with my 5 servants. And by servants, I mean wives.

Last edited:
I'm 18, it's a good age. I'm shocked that there are so many younger users on this forum. You should all make maps! Seriously though, the editing forum is basically dead, we need a new generation of wadders.

I'm 16, and I've tried to take up wadding a year ago, only to find that people expect a much higher standard than what i've done! And also you have no idea whether or not people are making stuff offline like me and being afraid to post it for the same reason! So it might not be the fact that we're NOT making stuff, it could be that people are afraid to show it.*inhale*
Phew... theres also a lot more 10 year olds than I expected...
I was not trying to flame I was just trying to make a point.

And also you have no idea whether or not people are making stuff offline like me and being afraid to post it for the same reason! So it might not be the fact that we're NOT making stuff, it could be that people are afraid to show it.*inhale*

Never fear. Criticism is a part of life. For everything you post, you will learn something, and it is most definitely worth putting it up for that very reason.

I'm 16, and I've tried to take up wadding a year ago, only to find that people expect a much higher standard than what i've done! And also you have no idea whether or not people are making stuff offline like me and being afraid to post it for the same reason! So it might not be the fact that we're NOT making stuff, it could be that people are afraid to show it.*inhale*

There was a certain point when I actually thought this. I found that the feeling passes when you start learning from your mistakes by listening to what others have to say about your map. Just take all the advice even if you think some of it might be bad. After a while you'll see your maps improving. If you need an example I could show you a few of my newer maps(even though I still require a lot more work for me to be a great level designer). I've been doing this for 2 years now? Well the point is, and this goes for basically everyone who wants to get good at map making, if you don't submit your work and if you don't listen to all the criticism, then you'll never get better at map making.(I might have to add that this is also Offtopic)

17yrs and 7 or 8 months. Feels weird typing that. I still feel 15..

I am trying to get a friend to plan a map with me. Maybe we can make use of slopes. He is interested in the gaming business but explaining everything about srb2 is gonna be a pain.

...and Charybdizs, people insulted my first wad instead of suggesting things or saying what is wrong or giving tips...It also takes a bit of practice to..

17 and back in action!

I actually haven't been truly "active" in years, save the occasional post. Since then, I've picked up a better username (I need mine changed to 'Blivsey') and, of course, grown up. Good to be back.

I'm a 49 year old that lives in Saudi Arabia with my 5 servants. And by servants, I mean wives.

I feel young again after that.

- 19 years old and rediscovering Srb2.... Jesus I've been here since 06, which means.... Never mind.

I really should make some fresh maps..... Jazz where are you???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back