Official Level Design Contest: January/February

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, I have 2 race maps and a match map.

One of the race maps was supposed to be in the last contest but it didn't get through. (I also noticed that the name I used was taken)

My second race is a joke one, but it works. I need to make it suck more...

My match map is an improved version of "Hell Angel" with larger platforms and a bigger map. (This was made from scratch btw) This map is still a wip.

Sonict

Sort of how Castleon was Suppose to make the last contest but never got sent. This time it did.

Edit on 2/15/2007: Aprox 2 weeks left!

Edit: 12 days left.

Countdown edit: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... (Tomrrow is the last day!)

Except that match levels are much quicker to make than SP levels. I could pull off seven match levels of playable quality in two weeks if I felt like it.

I just normally don't get that big a burst of good ideas. I've got one, maybe two CTF levels and one Match level to show for four months work <_<

This contest wad pretty short, considering it started a little late, and February has fewer days than other months. I might wanna show off Tropical City when I'm not too lazy and actually try to finish it. Probably not this contest.

What gametypes did you submit? I need to know if my race map is going to have any competition. *shot*

Good Lord, I am going to utterly phail in comparison to one of the oldest mappers in the community. *faints*

BlueZero4 said:
What gametypes did you submit? I need to know if my race map is going to have any competition. *shot*
I know this wasn't ment for me but:
Race: 2
Match: 7 (RBB might not make it)
CTF: 1
Single Player/Co-op: none.

glaber said:
Match: 7 (RBB might not make it)
Ya know what, most people will probably send you back to level designing 101. That castle maze looked like 3 sectors to me. Honestly, go make something detailed, inspired, and above all playable. Glaber base 3 is a no-no.

Castle? You talking about Glaber Base 3, cause I didn't intend for it to be a Castle. :P

Oh Castleon. If that looks like 3 sectors to you, you need to take math again. Also this level is a remake of a Jazz 3 Multiplayer level by the same name. The picture was taken at a flying Tails eye view.

If you must know, the fact that it actually has 50 (or about 15 if you merged sectors) doesn't change the fact that it has the same gameplay as a 3 sector map. Honestly, mazes suck, I've tried it (though it's not dissapearing from PBZ anytime soon).

Well we will just see how good or bad it plays this week. I imagine the worst of my entries to be Glaber Glutch Mine rather than Castleon.

I wonder how many people actually bothered this time. Reading the topic it looks like quite a few (more than I'd expected), but still...

I know I didn't, regretably, but I've got other things to do these days. College is a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back