The E3 2010 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you notice the 3ds was chained to the guides?
I don't think you can "sneak" one out.

For the guides, I'd risk it.

@Autosaver: Yeah, I know, but they didn't really show much in action, they didn't even show us any actual DS interface, 3D camera photo taking stuff, etc, I was hoping for at least a couple of demos of the features that don't require you to be nose to display to see it? :<

"You look up, it looks up." What if you want to look down without it looking down and the other way around? Like if you play in bed with your head on the couch?

Edit: Emulator programmers will have a hard time emulating 3Ds

hah, you just need a 120Hz display and 3D glasses.

Cue, this is for you.
black.jpg

blue.jpg

red.jpg

color_blue.jpg

color_red.jpg

color_black.jpg

featured_hardware1.jpg

featured_hardware2.jpg

color_blue.jpg

color_red.jpg

Introducing the Nintendo 3DS system.

Size (when closed):Approximately 5.3 inches wide, 2.9 inches long, 0.8 inches tall. Weight:Approximately 8 ounces.Look:Final design is TBA.Top Screen:3.53-inch widescreen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses; with 800x240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to enable 3D viewing). Touch Screen:3.02-inch LCD with 320x240 pixel resolution with a touch screen. Cameras:One inner camera and two outer cameras with 640x480 (0.3 Mega) pixel resolution. Pre-Installed Software:TBA Nintendo 3DS Game Card:2 GB Max. at launch. Wireless Communication:Can communicate in the 2.4 GHz band. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems can connect via a local wireless connection to let users communicate or enjoy competitive game play. Systems also can connect to LAN access points to access the Internet and allow people to enjoy games with others. Will support IEEE 802.11 with enhanced security (WPA/WPA2). Nintendo 3DS hardware is designed so that even when not in use, it can automatically exchange data with other Nintendo 3DS systems or receive data via the Internet while in sleep mode. Game Controls:
Touch screen, embedded microphone, A/B/X/Y face buttons, + Control Pad, L/R buttons, Start and Select buttons, "Slide Pad" that allows 360-degree analog input, one inner camera, two outer cameras, motion sensor and a gyro sensor.
Other Input Controls:
3D Depth Slider to adjust level of 3D effect (can be scaled back or turned off completely depending on the preference of the user), Home button to call system function, Wireless switch to turn off wireless communications (even during game play), Power button. The telescoping stylus is approximately 4 inches when fully extended.
Input/Output:
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.
Sound:
Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen.
Battery:
Lithium ion battery details TBA.
Languages:
TBA
Parental Controls:
Parental controls similar to the Nintendo DSi system will be included.

Oh, Microsoft lied.

You know all those games that they showed? They said Joy Ride will be free. Wrong

You can pre-order it at the moment for 60 dollars. Oh, plus Kinect is 150 dollars (IIRC). 210 dollars for sports games!
Edit:The games ARE NOT in a bundle. There are several games you can buy for 60 dollars.

Last edited:
Valve's surprise was pretty dull.

I thought it was going to be on PS3 and 360 all along...

What a let down. :<

Valve's surprise was pretty dull.

But Sony's surprise was fucking mindblowing. Jesus Christ, they know how to turn shit around. Maybe my PS3 won't be collecting dust this year.

SONY'S PRESS CONFERENCE AT THE START:

gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

KEVIN BUTLER ONWARD:

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

Best E3 in fucking YEARS. EASILY.

Last edited:
I don't know, besides him.. it was OK.

It was tons better then Microsoft's, I think we can agree to that.
Edit: I'm pretty sure the announcement of paying to play online (Similar to Xbox Live gold) was awesome.
Keep in mind a free version is still there. But you won't get nearly the same amount of content of paid users.

Last edited:
So what happens if you ask Sony "How is the Move different to Motion+ on the Wii?"?

I don't know, besides him.. it was OK.

Kevin Butler being an all-around fucking boss
Gabe Newell announcing Steam/Portal 2 for PS3
New Twisted Metal game

If you don't think that a new Twisted Metal game in this generation (with mainstream online play and HD) isn't great, you're either too young to have experienced the originals, or somehow (somehow!) didn't have a PS2 to play TM: Black.

Yeah, Twisted Metal was pretty cool. I played the PSP edition ages ago and thoroughly enjoyed it for a while.

I played one of them, I actually loved it.
Junk conference

the whole thing should of been hosted by Kevin Butler, Jack Tretton and Peter Dille are so boring.

I can't believe they didn't show any new footage of The Last Guardian. Guess they are saving that for TGS.

Kevin Butler was the only highlight of the conference.
^Quote from die hard Sony fan.

Oh, two games. One is going on PC.. yay?
Edit: I already knew about Twisted Metal coming out. A lot of Sony's games were already announced or leaked long before E3.

[20:02] <+Naga> [...] goldeneye [...]
[20:03] <+Naga> [...] gets a regenerating health system [...]

Goddamnit.

Guess I'll just go play ye olde TimeSplitters games some more.

Found the 3DS presentation a bit disappointing, not much details given on what it can actually do, just some vague details about some DLC shiz.
I was a bit disappointed by it as well. I was hoping they would show gameplay of at least one game so we (at home) could see how the 3DS emulates it's 3D capabilities. However, I did find the commercial to be quite enjoyable, if not hilarious.

By the way, the highlight of the Sony press conference for me.
<Flame> Oh look
<Neo> what
<Flame> Black child
<Flame> Advertising PSP
<Neo> MARCUS! psp

Last edited:
Wait a minute? Didn't they show Kid Icarus?
They did, although they showed it through a video screen. There was no Human-to-device interaction as far as I know of gameplay. (If that makes any sense.) I was expecting something along the lines of an actual person picking it up, play and show a demo for us. The camera looking on.

I would like to start off by saying, "What was that Microsoft?". I had a facepalm the whole time, jeez, so many ridiculous and embarrassing things they did there.

This YouTube Pooper shows the main points of Microsoft's ridiculous moments with this video, except it's not a YouTube Poop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QflHRLW0Tz8.

Nintendo was pretty great, while watching the new Zelda gameplay I was inhaling with my teeth together a lot. To be honest, it wasn't very precise as I thought it would be, I like how the game is cel-shaded again. That Apple reference was really...odd. I really like how a lot of the old games are being revived, (Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, Kirby) good job Nintendo.

Sony. Although being last place in the current race, it doesn't mean that they're all bad. To be honest I didn't see the whole conference because gametrailers starts it at 30 minutes then I had to go and went back on the site it won't play anymore. I'll talk about what I saw.

The Playstation Move, in my opinion I liked Sony's presentation more than Nintendo's because there was less problems and etc. That Sorcerer game thing shows that the Move really works good and is accurate to me, I didn't see any fake pre-clips/animation w/e, or problems with the connection between the controller and the system. Tiger Woods, eh it had a few problems but it might work out at the end.

Sony's new 3D thing for the PS3, to be honest I'm a real fan of the whole 3D thing, I think it's because I wear glasses and without it I can't see anything! I think it might sell well, because of the whole '3D' hype going around. Killzone 3, cool, you can play the game in 3D AND with Move, talk about being realistic. I'm really excited for LittleBigPlanet 2, I liked the first one, really community based, online, all fun.

That's all I can remember, no one is really going to read all of this, I've never really posted a lot, but thanks for reading and hope you respect my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back