Old Rules Topic (Releases Section)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. With R2, it doesn't say that they are necessarily against the rules, but instead that they are just frowned upon and usually get a negative reaction. Also, it doesn't say don't post them, it only says that it is not recommended. Thus, you cannot get banned for them unless otherwise specified within R2.

I have a question here, and I don't know where else to put it.

I have a level that I just finished and I want to post it here soon, but I really want to put in a song I like.

The song I think is copyrighted, but my understanding is that this is not forbidden since I am releasing a level and not just a music wad with all kinds of media in it. If this is indeed forbidden, then I can use a lower quality MIDI version of the song, which is not copyrighted.

I don't want to have to do that. What should I do?

As long as the song is added for use with the level/wad you have constructed, then it's perfectly fine to add it in. Only music wads (where the main purpose is to share copyrighted music) are forbidden.

Actually, just use oggs instead of mp3s, and you should be fine in terms of filesize. Zipping's still a good idea in that case, but it's not necessary.

I would recommend making two seperate versions, one with the OGG, and one with the MIDI. So those of us who care more about filesize than music quality don't have to deal with it.

Re: Releases Section - Rules

Kaysakado said:
You forgot:
  • "This WAD is awesome. Here's why: List" - Constructive. This clearly explains what is right with the WAD.

So... what are we supposed to say if you think the WAD is awesome? We can only say it's bad? Or do we do what Kaysakado said?

Re: Releases Section - Rules

lucius octavion said:
Kaysakado said:
You forgot:
  • "This WAD is awesome. Here's why: List" - Constructive. This clearly explains what is right with the WAD.

So... what are we supposed to say if you think the WAD is awesome? We can only say it's bad? Or do we do what Kaysakado said?
You can say if a WAD is awesome, but you have to state why it's good. Same with stating that the WAD is terrible. You have to state why it's bad if you say it's bad. Just saying it's good/terrible is not constructive.

Read the first page.

You can say how good a wad is, just give actual criticism. There is no such thing as a perfect wad, so there should be SOMETHING that someone can comment on, although I'm not entirely sure.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF WHY THE RULES NEED TO BE UPDATED, GUYS.

I seriously don't think Mystic has to list every single thing that's good or bad. The whole "This is good, here's why" thing is implied.

on Edge said:
Yes, and I think that this should have been posted a long-time-ago.

Now all we have to do is get every single n00b to read them. *sigh*
Hey, A good way to get the n00bs to read them is, have them quote cartain rules during registration, and make it mandatory, so that they know the rules when they register.

Or just link here in the real rules. :/

Also, can we get a "misc." section in the releases? I'm tired of random crap going in the Mods section. Their needs to be criteria to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back