People hardly use 3rd person cam in match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, thats realy true? I cant stand that close up cam just because i cant see whats behind me, and platforming with its very difficult. o_0

What do ya think are the advantages of it exactly (besides getting less lag with it, unless your the host)? i use 3rd person mode because of my spin dashing technuiqes...which would be too much in close up view. :?

I use 1st person in match, CTF and race modes, due to the accuracy of shots compared to 3rd person in match/CTF, and because I can always see forward in race modes.

And using 1st person doesn't reduce lag, but it seems it, as you can always see forward...

(I have no clue what i'm talkng about. =D)

Ree, it reduces framerate lag, which in turn makes it easier to control. No, it won't reduce C-lag for the server, but it has a sufficient amount of difference so that it's really worth using, especially if you run on a low end machine.

The game has less hassle with the camera in first-person, in other words. Also, the game has to render one less sprite in first-person mode.

yeah, i knew first person was less lag in some way (ive been playin for 2 years, so i outta know).

I use 3rd person mainly cause i host most of the time, and back when i had dial up i used ta use first person cam all the time- and it was too much hassle for me.i like ta see everything around me better, specialy as sonic and not stoping at all (i dont wanna be a easy target).

sad that 3rd person is lore lag for a non-hoster though...guess ill have to adjust. >_>

The first person camera is generally better for modes in which you can fire. I use the mode that the game defaults to in each mode.

I use third-person in Single Player and Co-op. Everything else, I use first-person. I use first-person in Race because it's easier to see where I'm thokking to.

3rd person in all modes, including CTF and match.

Yeah, some people call me crazy. I just remind them that its this, along with no aiming whatsoever, and using the arrow keys, along with using an inferior character, is what makes me good.

Yeah, I have no idea why it's easier for me, but it is.

Spazzo said:

Yeah, some people call me crazy. I just remind them that its this, along with no aiming whatsoever, and using the arrow keys, along with using an inferior character, is what makes me good.

with ya all the way on that man. when ya cant aim- ya shower your enemies with rings and hope someone gets hit XD aiming just isnt for me either, exept in some situations (AKA sneakin up behind someone perhaps?).

glad to see im not the only 3rd person user. ^_^ props to u buddy.

Mystic said:
The first person camera is generally better for modes in which you can fire. I use the mode that the game defaults to in each mode.

I remember waaay back 3rd person used to be the default cam in match mode...funny

Spazzo said:

I always use 3rd person mode...

I only use first person mode when im Aiming with Snipers, sometimes....
when im in 3rd person mode, im always luckier with snipers some how

So me, Spazzo, and flame are the only ones to use 3rd person by default so far...well thats pretty interesting. >.>

heres what i think of things:

1st person: For players who want perfect aiming/sniping, and on target thoking for sonic players

3rd person: For players who rely more on luck, or other tatics. also great for platforming (easier to see where your landing) and keeping a better eye all around you (less sneak attacks from behind).

im probuly missing some details, feel free to add in anything. XD;

SuperSonic117 said:
So me, Spazzo, and flame are the only ones to use 3rd person by default so far...well thats pretty interesting.

ViralZero uses 3rd person + lag to his advantage. Being on AOL, he's never had a smoothe netgame (unless he's hosted), but can still peg the best 1st person shooters out there. Controlling lag is something I've seen very few do.

ive had ta play with dial up for more than a year, so u can imagine how much hell that is. ive pwned quite a few times though with it, suprisingly. o_o

SuperSonic117 said:
ive had ta play with dial up for more than a year, so u can imagine how much hell that is. ive pwned quite a few times though with it, suprisingly. o_o

Viral's never played on anything else but dial-up..., and we've been playing for about the same ammount of time. (Almost 2 years.) With each new version, his lag gets worse, and he gets better. I'm almost scared to fight him without the lag. ....Almost.

well, lag is just another obstacle to challenge him with i guess, right? i can say from experience that its helped me (somehow).

Zeshiro said:
Viral's never played on anything else but dial-up..., and we've been playing for about the same ammount of time. (Almost 2 years.) With each new version, his lag gets worse, and he gets better. I'm almost scared to fight him without the lag. ....Almost.

I'll take you both on! :D! ViralZero does seem even better than Zeshiro, even when he did use third person. Zeshiro, what happened to your game? D:

I used to use third person all the time in any sort of game, as it's always been a preference for me in any videogame I've played. However, a month or two afterwards, when I started playing in Mystic's netgames, I found the fact inevitable that I need to start aiming my rings up and down, especially when it came to rail rings, which used to be my mortal enemy. So, I switched to first person in match and ctf, and it became tons easier.

SuperSonic117 said:
My connection was nearly worse. It would often lag after a while of playing a netgame, and I'll get an unknown error after about three seconds of frozen lag. For some reason, this laptop always makes my connection lag after about a minute or so.

Of course, when I found out pressing the "Wireless Lan" button twice resets my connection twice and sends it back at full speed, that really saved me. So, I just press that when I think I'm lagging, then all I get is a tiny lag spike. =P

Third Person, in everything. It helps when I can look all around without making a full 360 degree turn, and I'm pretty much luckier in sniping and using bombs. Since I get an infinate control lag here, even on DSL, I have mastered the C-Lag in Third Person mode as opposed to First Person. Who's seen me get to the end first in MR Coop Games? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back