What will happen to the community after 1.1 is released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
furyhunter600 said:
There's a chance, but SRB2 already will HAVE all the cool stuff once 1.1 comes out... thus, it will be hard to think up original ideas.

Even slopes? We need slopes, still. Think about it... Where are all the loops? The huge hill drops that give us massive speed? You can put anything and everything in SRB2, but it won't be complete without slopes.

Then again, it could already be out or already be planned for 1.1 and I don't know it.

Twilight in Zero said:
furyhunter600 said:
There's a chance, but SRB2 already will HAVE all the cool stuff once 1.1 comes out... thus, it will be hard to think up original ideas.

Even slopes? We need slopes, still. Think about it... Where are all the loops? The huge hill drops that give us massive speed? You can put anything and everything in SRB2, but it won't be complete without slopes.

Then again, it could already be out or already be planned for 1.1 and I don't know it.

Slopes are being worked on. I can think that by combining finished slopes, with a few more things we could have working loops, but it would involve hacks which SSN refuses to use.

because 1: they don't work all that well at the moment, 2: he'd have to remake all the current levels so that they used slopes, 3: it doesn't work in software, nor will it ever pending a massive re-write of the renderer, and 4: he'd either have to draw a bazillion more sprites for the current characters, or use models. And we all know he won't be doing either of those things.

Prime 2.0 said:
4: he'd either have to draw a bazillion more sprites for the current characters, or use models. And we all know he won't be doing either of those things.
Not really. Rather than running through the loop, an alternate method is to just use the character's spindash animation.

Well. We're still talking about AFTER 1.1. Even if the current team doesn't, someone else might. It's not THAT important. It won't make or break the game.

Blue Warrior said:
Prime 2.0 said:
4: he'd either have to draw a bazillion more sprites for the current characters, or use models. And we all know he won't be doing either of those things.
Not really. Rather than running through the loop, an alternate method is to just use the character's spindash animation.
I said slopes, not loops. He'd have to draw new sprites for the slopes in general. And no, he wouldn't make it spin-only. That would suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back