What will happen to the community after 1.1 is released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

Basically, after 1.1 is released, SRB2 will be done, but then will the whole SRB2 staff and long-time members start to leave since they "don't need to help finish SRB2." We will get new WADs, be after a while they might die down a bit. Hopefully, that doesn't happen though...

Post what you think the "community" will be like aftet 1.1 is released.

It will all die off. Eventually.
For the first 6-7 months after 1.1, it will be fine, but after that....
The admins will leave, the community will cease to exist, other than a few people here and there. It will be deserted here, as there are no more admins. What a horror! 0.o()
What we REALLY need to do is to convince AJ to stay longer, and to work on it more, especially with Wallbank's return.
Well, either AJ stays longer, or he delays 1.1 longer. *beaten*

The community should remain as long as there is still interest. If I lose interest, it's not like I can't hand the community over to someone else to maintain.

However, I'd assume that if interest in SRB2 fades after release, it'll just slowly die off, like millions of other forums on the net.

SRB2 will die, Wizard will be born. I think everyone will just migrate over to Wizard. ;P

Shuffle said:
SRB2 will die, Wizard will be born. I think everyone will just migrate over to Wizard. ;P

Gah, you beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing. I actually kinda like Wizard a bit better than SRB2 for some odd reason...

Well, we will have the 1.1 source, right? Well, that can help keep it alive if people make large mods and stuff, like a SRB2 "Legacy"... :o

If the admins leave we could take over as like moderator etc and people will still join the community. I think It will never die since it's an awesome game and some things make you interested in it. This is just and idea :)

As long as people continue to make SP adventures that have real challenge, the community should stay. Otherwise, it's gone.

Now, tournaments may help also, but the chances of one with more than 8 players succeeding is slim to none.

My answer is "whatever will happen."

Seriously, why bother speculating right now? No-one knows the future and predicting it is just a pointless exercise so let's deal with the effects of 1.1's release when it is released.

most likely some idiot like me will use GHZteams S:BB3D engine to create a srb3. the community will play with it a little and then quickly discard it when wizard comes along. (note: if you did not get what i was implying then please go jump off a cliff)

if i do end up being the sad soul who makes srb3, i will try and keep AJ and Mystics Legacy on it

The community for the game Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is still fairly strong, and that game's been out for 8 years and has been abandoned for a while now. So SRB2's community should hopefully hold out for a while.

FoxBlitzz said:
The community for the game Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is still fairly strong, and that game's been out for 8 years and has been abandoned for a while now. So SRB2's community should hopefully hold out for a while.

I've always loved to play that game, although I got it in 2002. :P And I agree too.

moonlander said:
They'l start making srb3 with the unreal engine (or another full 3d editor)
But it'l be too hard so they stop.

I reckon they would do something like that. if srb1 suceeded Srb2 was a even better sucess Srb3 would be a awesome idea :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back