Wii Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind that every entry of the "Wii x" series has been more or less a minigame compilation. As far as I know, Wii Fit and Wii Sports Resort were good, while Wii Play and Wii Music were rather poor.

Unlike most Ninty fans, I don't really feel threatened by this game. I doubt this game will make SMG2 or M:OM into worse games. Besides, this might actually end up being halfway decent.
A party game that is NOT a shallow third-party effort, an afterthought, or a boring retread could be interesting. I'm not really all that intrigued by Warioware or Rabbids, and I heard that Mario Party wasn't worth buying after the fourth one or so...

Gigantic bump since everyone is excited for this game
http://www.destructoid.com/wii-party-to-feature-80-games-including-hide-and-seek-175354.phtml

The title is said to feature over 80 games in the standard play mode, including "Remote Control Hide and Seek." In this game, players will hide their Wii Remotes somewhere in the room, and other players will have to search for it by the sound coming from the controller's speaker. Expect Wii Remote sales to soar as children hide remotes in places they will never, ever be found.

Box art looks... em.
thumb_51J2LmPDuoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The title is said to feature over 80 games in the standard play mode, including "Remote Control Hide and Seek." In this game, players will hide their Wii Remotes somewhere in the room, and other players will have to search for it by the sound coming from the controller's speaker.

I could look forward to this a lot now :D.

Of course, if you turn the speaker off or otherwise keep noise from emitting from it than the game gets unfair.

The game shouldn't incorporate mini-games that require outside-of-game actions like that because than it becomes incredibly easy to cheat.

Err..

You are all in the same room. To turn off the speaker, you would have to press HOME and then click on it. Everyone would watch you do that. It isn't easy to cheat like that.

Err..

You are all in the same room. To turn off the speaker, you would have to press HOME and then click on it. Everyone would watch you do that. It isn't easy to cheat like that.

You can easily turn it off beforehand and make sure that you get the remote before starting.

In real tag, you could also run inside.

Cheatings is impossible to get rid of. Its a game for kids, I doubt people will cheat. AND if they cheat, wouldn't it be likely everyone would find out when the round is over?

No one where I live would cheat to win a game like Wii Party. I mean.. WTF. Really?

I'm sure no one will even play that specific mini-game anyway, it sounds incredibly stupid.

Might as well hide the house phone and then use the "find headset button" and follow the beeps

I engage in that search every fucking day (what with my sister constantly using the phone because hers ran outta minutes)

I rather like the fact that they're thinking outside the box however iffy this may sound. With so many party games out there, they pretty much need to in order to come up with something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back