Any of you miss the Chao Garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grinding was a horrible chore which felt like it was there just to cheaply extend the game's playtime.
If only just to play the Devil's Advocate on this one, I actually found the "grind" to be one of the better parts of Chao raising. Mainly because unlike games you'd typically associate with grinding in the traditional sense (MMOs mostly), it actively encourages you to replay levels and improve on your rankings in the midst of collecting Chao resources - something I've rarely felt tempted to do in any other Sonic game (sans Unleashed, but that was more for mandatory reasons than anything else - fucking medals). So it's a minigame that actually compliments the main game and vice versa, something I've rarely if ever seen done well in any other game. Hell, I'm willing to bet it wouldn't even be a problem if Chao competitions weren't a requirement for 100% completion and simply stayed in its own leauge.

Oh hey, on another random note, I've just realized how awesome a Chao prop for x360 Avatars would be.

Yes, yes I am. When did the quality of the console game start to decline?
Sonic Heroes.
When did the Chao Garden leave?
Sonic Heroes.

COINCIDENCE?
You don't seriously believe that's related to the lack of Chao Garden, do you? Yeah, obviously the retarded Homing Attack glitches, blatant character cloning and forcing you to replay the exact same levels four times over don't have anything to do with it.

Classic scapegoating, right there.

it actively encourages you to replay levels and improve on your rankings in the midst of collecting Chao resources
More like it encouraged me to load the same level over and over and over again, collecting 10 items, and then exiting the stage to hand them to the Chao. For over fifteen hours.

I absolutely despise Chao for this reason alone. I bought Sonic Adventure 2, not a Korean MMORPG.

I always just did that "set the animal right in front of the chao repeatedly" glitch. Plus I was much younger at the time so small tear drop shaped creatures entertained me more. They can be fun, but the grinding to raise them gets dull, and I swear stamina is impossible to get to 99 without one of the Advance games.

I loved raising chao, I have back then, and I still do now, my only problem, is that there isn't enough interaction. What's sad is that Kentic is screaming for Chao Interaction, but it isn't going to happen.

More like it encouraged me to load the same level over and over and over again, collecting 10 items, and then exiting the stage to hand them to the Chao. For over fifteen hours.

I absolutely despise Chao for this reason alone. I bought Sonic Adventure 2, not a Korean MMORPG.
...that to me says that you either already A-ranked all the levels, or were taking the Chao raising far more seriously than it was meant to be. Hell, it's not even particularly necessary to grind that much, I got all but 2 or 3 of the Chao medals with a single Chao using leftovers from my ranking runs, so whatever compelled you to grind that much for it, I have no idea.

I still remember being little, and loving to raise the chao. Now...bleh. While I do find it time consuming, it gets fun after a while...till you get bored of it. I mean, after a while you think, "Why am I doing this again?" So, I really don't miss the chao garden.

I like it and I hate it, sure it's a fun diversion, but the fact they make it a necessity for the final rewards kinda make it... "bleh"?

I wouldn't care if they brought it back or not...

Whoah! The chao garden? That brings back memories........ Of freaky blue creatures! The horrer, agh!

The only good thing about the chao garden was that they added replay value, otherwise they're pretty boring.

Chao Gardens were great. It's the only reason I played SA2 more then SA1 (and because I didn't like the garden with the rocket ship- it was too big, so chao were always lost.) I remember spending quite a few years playing with that. It added much replay value, but I'll be completely honest here. It could be a lot more involving, and the chao could have done much more interesting things. They had toys but they interacted with them once in a blue moon. I only want Gardens back if there is more features, which would probably happen if they include a garden at all.
Also, it shouldn't be recquired for getting every emblem. I personally didn't mind it, but there were a lot of people who did. And grinding was still no fun. Doing the infinite animal/lazer tube thing glitch to get EVERY stat to 99 was time-consuming. (except stamina, that's impossible)

Finally, don't even mention the advance game's Chao Gardens. Those are shitty excuses. Don't bring up Sonic Chronicles, either.

There's really no point. If they actually had the inspiration to make it, I'm sure they would. Remember, Chao were actually part of the story in Sonic Adventure, and the only reason they were in Sonic Adventure 2 was probably 'cause they had more ideas to add on. Well, that and it's the same "series" as the first one.

I really miss the chao garden(pretty obvious, just look at my avatar and username :P), and I want them back. They were so cute too. I made several fan chars based off those things when I was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back