Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3adp0ol

When I try to start the game it says the video can't be displayed because my settings are wrong. But I did set it to 1280x1024. Help me pls.

Try rooting around in your config.cfg, and change the resolution to 640x480. I forgot the name of that exact setting, but I think you're clever enough to find it.

Then, run srb2win.exe -opengl and go into your options > video modes and then set it to 1280x1024. I have a sneaking suspicion that a video type that big only works in OpenGL...

Oh, just to avoid any confusion: Config.cfg is in the folder where you installed SRB2, and you can edit it with just plain ol' notepad.

Thanks, I have the game working now. Another thing, I heard something about .wad editing and it looked very cool to me. Is there a tutorial or something around?

EDIT: I have XWE.

Then, run srb2win.exe -opengl and go into your options > video modes and then set it to 1280x1024. I have a sneaking suspicion that a video type that big only works in OpenGL...

Nope.

I can run software mode 1280x1024, with no slowdowns. n.n

If you want to do level editing, you should try Doom Builder or SRB2 Builder (modification of DB source). Both programs are very featured and helpful in making levels, and XWE's level making is barely functional. Seriously, who uses XWE to make levels?

Sorry for being a total noob at this but, I have no idea what to do with images. Can someone please explain me trough pm msn or aim?

Images must be saved as a BMP or other compatible format under a 256 color palette. Specifically, SRB2's palette. If you take an entry from srb2.srb using XWE (don't modify the contents though), you can open it up in a program like GIMP, Paint Shop Pro, or Photoshop and you'll get the color palette. You can then save the palette and use it later on other images you wish to put in SRB2.

FoxBlitzz said:
If you want to do level editing, you should try Doom Builder or SRB2 Builder (modification of DB source). Both programs are very featured and helpful in making levels, and XWE's level making is barely functional. Seriously, who uses XWE to make levels?

...So THAT'S why I can't even manage a tiny room! *Shot*

Anyways, it depends on what kind of WAD you want to make. Do you want to make a Character wad? A Graphics-Replacement pack? A Level Wad? A Music Wad?

Speaking of levels wads, Doom won't let me make rooms without sectors, it wont let me make sectors without nodes, and it wont let me make nodes! What am I doing wrong?

You need at least 2 sectors to make nodes. to make a sector, go into Sectors mode and right click. Make a square. Theres 1 sector. Look in the Editing section of srb2.org. It will tell you how to make a little map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back