wtf lag!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwolf

More problems.
Okay, I have High Speed.
I can run nearly ANY game with my internet online perfectly; Doom 3, Serious Sam 2, World of Warcraft, etc. (To name a few which take much more power to run then SRB2)...YET, SRB2 is INCREDIBLY laggy for me.
It seems to be going at a constant pattern as well, stopping and going every 2-3 seconds.
I'm not sure what's doing this, as when I ask others on the servers I play on about it, they say there is no lag.

Anyone else got this or what? Thanks.

Darkwolf, I had the same problem when I got my new router. You must go into your router's settings and turn off its built-in firewall. It's hindering the game's netplay performance.

Could this have to do with the messy netgame code?

Well, make sure your firewall/router isn't interfering. Also make sure you aren't downloading anything, or using other memory/CPU intensive programs at the same time.

Penopat said:
Could this have to do with the messy netgame code?

Well, make sure your firewall/router isn't interfering. Also make sure you aren't downloading anything, or using other memory/CPU intensive programs at the same time.

IMs are a big problem.

Actually, no. IMs only send a small amount of data over the internet, so it's unlikely that such a program would interfere.

Seriously, check if your router has a built-in firewall and disable it by going to http://192.168.1.1/. It's happened to me, and turning off the firewall fixed the problem.

FoxBlitzz said:
Actually, no. IMs only send a small amount of data over the internet, so it's unlikely that such a program would interfere.

But they have, in fact, contributed to much lag.
AIM is the worst of them all.

Dark Warrior said:
FoxBlitzz said:

But they have, in fact, contributed to much lag.
AIM is the worst of them all.

AIM takes up more than twice as much data as any other IM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back