SRB2 Blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSNTails

What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?
Hey all,

Just in case you almost never go to the SRB2 website, there's now a family of blogs on srb2.org:

SRB2 Development Blog ( http://srb2dev.blog.srb2.org/ ) - Here I talk about developing SRB2 and give you the chance to offer some suggestions and comments.

Zero Effort ( http://zero.blog.srb2.org/ ) Cueball's blog that's a parody of Zero Punctuation, but about SRB2 stuff.

Hijinks of SRB2 Server ( http://hijinks.blog.srb2.org/ ) - Alam and Logan's blog where they talk about maintaining the SRB2 server.

Road Runner forever! *shot* Man, I'm starting to get old XD

Anyways, about the zero effort blog, ok, SRA2 isn't the best mod ever, but being honest, it isn't far from what Sega has been doing lastly... Besides Kathy told me it's far from finished :/

I can't say I really like zero effort that much. First off, the only video that we have isn't all that funny. I like the cartoon, but it didn't complement what the announcer was saying in the witty, funny way Zero Punctuation does. Also, Yahtzee targets mainstream games that are usually overhyped, and that are requested by others. He pinpoints the main flaws in games that people overlooked, while Zero Effort points out the obvious, and just practically insults the wad along with it's maker. While many of the things in the video are true, they aren't executed in a witty way like Yahtzee does. Now, I couldn't do any better, so I give some props to Cue.
What I would've liked is to see mainstream wads be criticized. Example: the tiny slippery platforms and buzzes in Silver Caverns from Mysticrealm. Now that's just frustrating.
Seeing any hyped wad criticized would be nice.

Plus, it's Yahtzee's accent that makes the video funny!

Sik said:
Road Runner forever! *shot* Man, I'm starting to get old XD

Anyways, about the zero effort blog, ok, SRA2 isn't the best mod ever, but being honest, it isn't far from what Sega has been doing lastly... Besides Kathy told me it's far from finished :/

OMG my wad is in the blog! Yay I have fans! *kicked*

But like Sik said, its long away from being done.

edit: Gah I need a blog badly.

@Ice: Do you realise how hard it is to actually do something like this without repeating yourself? Yes I admit it's not as funny as it could have been, but it's the first one. Expect more SRB2 related videos (I had a neat idea, you'll see...)

@Silver: SilverESP Needs Food Badly!

That email doesn't work right now, by the way, Logan hasn't moved the email addresses to the server yet so, um, yeah...

Cue said:
@Ice: Do you realise how hard it is to actually do something like this without repeating yourself? Yes I admit it's not as funny as it could have been, but it's the first one. Expect more SRB2 related videos (I had a neat idea, you'll see...)
But still, Ice is right. Also, let's be honest, this kind of humor the only way it works is by actually insulting the rest of the people (which is why it's so popular in TV here to make fun of the rest, and probably out there too :P). So sorry, but the idea simply won't work :/

I can understand the reason why the first video wouldn't be as funny, but I have a feeling it might die pretty quick. And as for the srb2dev page, it would be nice if SSNTails announced who the winner was. I have a feeling I know who won, but I'm not so sure.

I dunno, right now he's just trying to emulate Yahtzee, he could still develop a unique style later.

Ooo... That pic with the Arid Canyon scene really got me interested in the SRB2Dev blog.

I think I recognise that orange rock texture there in the background, but I remembered it being red... I can't remember who made that texture, but I'd be interested to find out whose textures were put into Arid Canyon Zone...

I don't remember Road Runner saying "THBTH BPTHBPT!" (I can't even pronounce it!)...

It's something that can't even be recreated using letters, trust me...

Also, how didn't Eggman crush the Acme rocket with his weight? XD

I think i see my checkerd sand texture and/or wood texture in that picture but I doubt it
@SilverESP: It's called INFAMOUS =P
I just hope none of my wads get critisised (sp?) on there

Oh nice. That road runner one made me lol so hard. And cue im watching your review right now and so far you have some good points.

I know that it would be very hard to make a video funny without repeating yourself. Infact, I couldn't do any better. You see, this copies Zero Punctuation (that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that), but the good stuff that's put into Zero Punctuation isn't in Zero Effort (like the accent). For example, Zero Punctuation reviews games that people think is fun, but in contrast with Zero Effort mostly everyone knows that the mod that you reviewed is far from good. Like I said before, hyped wads like level packs from moderators would be fun to watch reviewed.

Also, your video needs more things like what's in your avatar, that's hilarious.

...wow... He answered a topic in the general discussion area... by posting in the first topic of the announcements area... just wow...

Chaos Knux said:
...wow... He answered a topic in the general discussion area... by posting in the first topic of the announcements area... just wow...
You're acting like someone's a complete idiot just because they didn't post in a right topic. Most people here did that when they were newbies as well.

Re: I am a new user.

Inferner the Echidna said:
Hi everyone. I am Inferner the Echidna. I'm from Spain. I love SRB2, but my PC is Mac. Find wads for Mac is very hard, and I can't make characters, because I havent got Windows. If some user knows a version of Doom Builder for Mac, please, send me. Thanks!
Most wads work for Mac. What version do you have? That might be the problem. Most website have the 1.09.2 version. You can get version 1.09.4 here. Also there are none know programs to make wads with Mac OS 10.

Next time please post in the right area.

Chaos Knux said:

...Get a clue. Seriously.
These things happen. Quite frequently, actually. If someone needs to address these things, it will be the staff, not you.

This is also a form of backseat moderation. I suggest you don't try it again.

Dark Warrior said:
This is also a form of backseat moderation. I suggest you don't try it again.

To interject, I don't understand which part of his post is backseat moderation. It's a stupid thing for him to have said, but he's not stating "hey, mod, delete this post" or anything similar.

Not literally backseat moderation, but something of a branch, similar to complaining about a bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back