[Open Assets] Chaos Control (UPDATED 7/24)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't you just stop raging (Sorry for being a hypocrite), just because I understand how lua works.

For all I know at this very moment in time is that you don't know much about lua.

If you knew about programming, you'd know there's only one way of doing things.

false

Now just shut up, and stop wasting your time cyber-bullying people. I'm sure there's more you could do with your life.

Why do I want to know about your nitpicking

It's also for social uses only. It's not going to be put on the MB anyway.

you don't need to be horrible over skype

To be honest, you sound like a ridiculous child who's dragging personal stuff into someone else's thread who doesn't give a damn.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna say anything one way or the other on the debate going on here, but

Even if two people write functionally exact code, there are going to be minor syntactical differences (use of comments, variable names, and in some cases different orders of statements are common examples) that make each different.

BUT there is definitely more than one way to code any given function. For example, if you need a count to delay something, are you gonna count down or up? Do you adjust momentum then check, or check then adjust momentum? How are you going to check if something is true this frame, but wasn't the previous frame? (I can think of at least three different ways to do that one.) Hell, Nev3r and I have both written functions that trace an object to HUD coordinates, and those are entirely different implementations that give exactly the same result.

So saying "there's only one way to do things" is a horridly ignorant claim to make. Especially when you're trying to use it as proof that code isn't stolen.

I'll take "taking the bait" for 400, Trebek.

While that is true, most things must be coded in a similar way. Just like spawning mobjs using a relative command, or absolute, setting the position to the target's position rather than using the relative command. They're both similar commands, and have similar properties.

And I apologise for my explanation not being clear. I was just trying to say that it's modified code, but some of it is copied and pasted. I didn't say the boost was made by me, I said the chaos control was, but the ring decrease wasn't.

Your's sincerely
~HitCoder/HitKid61~

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

false

To be honest, you sound like a ridiculous child who's dragging personal stuff into someone else's thread who doesn't give a damn.

I'm sorry for my immaturity, I've been facing a lot of problems recently, and have been in alot of stress. Excuse my lame excuses.

V1.2

Chaos Control Update V1.2

Added in a bunch of commands
RequiresEmeralds, If this is on, you can't use CC without the emeralds
ConsumeRings, if this is on, Chaos Control consumes rings
ConsumeRate, modify this value to change the ring consumption rate

And also, if you are in air and stop using Chaos Control, you can not use it again until you land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back