• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Alpha Yet-Very-Not-Complete Mr.Saturn Wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowyfox

Hee-Hawk! That's a Giradonk
Boing! Zoom!

Yes. I know the 2nd Sprite is very Sucky. The 1st Sprite needs a little tweak with the nose.

Being honest, this does not look good at all. The overall shape is much too blocky, and it needs to be a bit bigger. There's no whiskers. and this just looks hideous.

I think I should go visit Saturn Valley more often.
Anyways. I think I probably won't leave the Sides alone or "Faces" for a while. for being blocky, That is.
(Ness recovered 68 HP!)

It's not only blocky and whiskerless. Its size is inconsistent but uniformally too small, and it has no shading whatsoever.

Look closely before you reply please. There is Shading,But light Shading meaning it won't be very noticable.

That's exactly the problem. If the shading is so light that it's almost impossible to notice, that's bad. You need darker shading, even on light-colored characters, because characters without enough shading look flat and poorly made.

Mr. Saturn is not a square with feet. KTHXBAI
Naw jk I am not that mean but seriously, he looks like a freaking square with freaking feet. It doesn't even have shading! ><
Also, is this going to be srb2 pallete friendly?

Last edited:
I made him bigger but he looked freaky so he's staying as is.
I fixed the others...
I'm Remaking the other sprite

This is what I mean,
saturnsheet14541.png

You sure you want THAT for a Character wad?

I agree with Scizor300, but the bigger one is definitely the better of the two. It's the proper size for Mr. Saturn relative to other SRB2 characters, and it allows for more detail. Work with that instead.

Using a thin, black outline like that won't look too good in a 3D environment. Try making it a darker version of it's skin and see if you can add a feeling of depth.

Uh.... well...
It needs ALOT of work. Not any shading and too blocky. I agree with what everyone else said. The bow on top isn't centered either, unless you wanted it like that.
(Although Mr. Saturns are awesome and I would download this wad the minute it was released!) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back