• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Doom Builder 2 Config- V1 RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2 DB2 (made by Kalaron) Configuration for Vanilla SRB2 has been made!
Features:

• A configuration for SRB2DB2, without the clutter and confusion of all the other SRB2CB stuff!
  • Not many spelling mistakes anymore as well as a bit more like the SRB2DB config.
  • Other small things to make it neater and smaller.
Upcoming Features:

• Texture themes stored when selecting textures for quick access to those certain themes without having to remember dodgy texture names.
Download:

Special Thanks:

• Kalaron: for making SRB2DB2
  • SRB2 staff for making the SRB2DB config
  • Spritcrusher for helping fix this up for a proper, not half-assed release.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! DOWNLOAD IT!

Last edited:
There's a curly bracket missing after the CTF Red Team Start. As a result, only the Player Starts are recognized as Things.

Light levels should be 255, 247, 239 etc, not 255, 248, 240 etc. In Software, 248-255, 240-247 etc. are all the same, so there would be no visible difference between 248 and 255.

Thanks, Violo.

Edit: SpritCrusher, why don't you just fix the rest of those issues in the config for us? You seem better at noticing small details anyway :P

Last edited:
In all the other configs (apparently before the latest one) they were in 16s, heck, I thought that the latest config was a typo or a glitch and I typed it in myself.
Now that that's know, I'll change it now. Although, I think I do all the values in 8 rather than 16 now, I'll go check.

Edit: Yeah, this config goes in 8s rather than sixteens, though I'll change the 16s to be one value lower if that floats your boat.
Heck, I'll just lower all the values by 1.

Oh, sometimes when DB2 saves, if a thing has a flag not specified properly, then it says the flag doesn't exist, but saves anyway. It gets annoying, so that's why it's there. Just in case the thing has a flag value of zero, but it isn't possible in DB2's eyes.

Edit: SpritCrusher, why don't you just fix the rest of those issues in the config for us? You seem better at noticing small details anyway :P
I'm not sure if there are any small details left to fix.

Heck, I'll just lower all the values by 1.
Yup, that's exactly what you should, because that way, they'll all be different in software mode.

Why is there an unused flag as an option?
Because it's used for certain things. And you already stole the "Flags Value" box where we could type in these things.

EDIT: Somebody needs to divide the graphics into a Flats list and a Textures list. It's annoying to have to browse through a list of both and never knowing what you can use for what. I'd do it, but I don't have the time right now.

Last edited:
I fear I am a bit confused now...

If I want to work with DB2 and need a config, which download must I take?...

Not the SRB2DB2 Download. The DB2 download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?igtqbofc3352k4u
It was the second one down that isn't "The download you want".

Edit: Actually, i'm not too sure if the new config works on the old version of DB2, try that one out first before trying the old version.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is possible, but if you can make a plug-in to do bit shift math for thing types for certain things (like this) and angle multiplier for starposts, that would be awesome.

ETIia.png

The way I envision it is something like the picture. The things and the angle can display without calculations when you edit it, but then when you are done with the thing, it will calculate it so it can do what you want to the thing. I hope that makes sense. @_@

Last edited:
Hey? I have a question... If SRB2 ever update someday, will you update your DB2 config for SRB2?... It would be nice concidering that some people DO use your configurations.

Oh, it's been a while since I came here. It's all dusty and rusty... I shall pick up another SRB2 config and continu to edit the map I'm making... (I find this painful, but it does worth it :3)

Hey? I have a question... If SRB2 ever update someday, will you update your DB2 config for SRB2?... It would be nice concidering that some people DO use your configurations.

Oh, it's been a while since I came here. It's all dusty and rusty... I shall pick up another SRB2 config and continu to edit the map I'm making... (I find this painful, but it does worth it :3)

Yeah, I'll probably update it, if someone doesn't want to undermine me and say my config is outdated and cluttered even when it's copied from one of the official configurations.
Other than that, I'll probably do it.

Is there anything that can be done about setting the Z position on things. I like DB2 but I have to run my maps through SRB2DB to put things where they belong. Or am I doing something wrong?

Sorry you can't, to do that would require EXE editing, which no one can be bothered to do at the moment.

I'm shocked and horrified but if those are the breaks. O.K. so, in your opinion is using 2 builders the best way to go or can I be more efficient somehow?

Unfortunatly the fact that you can't change the Z position is a problem...But using SRB2DB is a good option until someone else decide to change DoomBuilder2 itself...

I shall use the config instead. I'll use freely srb2DB if I EVER need to do this (Which might be NEVER)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back