• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Axel.wad (1% done)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this is my first EVER wad, so don't expect it to be good...

Sprite samples: Yet to be made

Character picture:

axelpicdo8.png

Life icon:

axelfaceok1.png

Just so you all know, I blew the pictures up so they look like they would in-game, they are actually the correct dimensions.

I'm posting this stuff here first so I can get some input on it, so I know whether to continue this or not.

EDIT: What dimensions would someone in between Vector's and Sonic's height be? I need those before I can even start... >_<

I take it you're new here. Anyways, I see potential in this one. I'll be watching this closely, being a Spyro fan. (Best thing Sony came up with in my opinion)

Well, this Axel isn't a Spyro character, although I did make one :P

EDIT: Yeah, I'm new, I joined like, 10 minutes ago to put him up.

I don't really think of it as a handicap, I'm just much more used to a pencil...I would've done that, but the lines don't come out very clean.

Looking good for a first wad, keep going. Although I think you should work on the arms a bit more, and the shading.

You don't have a scanner?

Did you know that SSNTails's sprites are hand-drawn, scanned, resized and inked & coloured on the computer? Maybe you could try that?

I'll Begin said:
You don't have a scanner?

Did you know that SSNTails's sprites are hand-drawn, scanned, resized and inked & coloured on the computer? Maybe you could try that?

Damn it! And all this time I've been trying to draw Angelus the hard way! XC

AxelTheDragon said:
but it's hard to draw completely on a computer... >_>

Don't worry. If you keep on practicing drawing on computers, you'll soon get the hang of it.

That character of your's is looking OK so far. I wonder what ability he'll have... flying? Gliding?

AxelTheDragon said:
EDIT: What dimensions would someone in between Vector's and Sonic's height be? I need those before I can even start... >_<

Urmm... why don't you have a look at their sprites so you can find out?

He'll have gliding, since I doubt I could fit the flapping into two short frames and still make it look good...

And I suppose looking at the other sprites would help. XD

This could be interesting, we don't have any dragon WADs. I bet he'd pwn in match! >:D

I'll Begin said:
I didn't know SSN went through that much effort to make his sprites. Why didn't I think of doing that for Blaze? *headdesk* Maybe I should redraw her standing sprites that way for the next version...
Most SRB2 sprites are almost 3/4 of a inch in height if printed on actual paper, although it doesn't really matter since you can reduce a scanned drawing to whatever size you want on a PC. Axel would be a bit of a novelty if he was hand-drawn, because it would be one of the few WADs we have that are.

I've tried hand drawing a wad, it takes a little less time, and it benefits because if you don't like some parts, you can just edit them and make them better on your computer.
(I could try to post a picture of the sonic rider's wad I was making, if you want an example of a hand drawn sprite.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back