• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Silver and 3D Sonic the hedgehog wad!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SECOND UPDATE!!! I started Silver all over again and it look's better :mrgreen:

playa52jk.png

I think this would take adout a year to finish!

I just can't understand why people think Silver is a recolor.

Sure, Shadow might be a SS recolor with some added stuff....but Silver....hair, 2 spikes, other eyes, magic, other gloves, boots, and he doesn't have orange arms.

Why do people think every hedgehog is a recolor of Sonic?

Hyper Metal Sonic X said:
Well I started a Silver and a 3D sonic wad and I want to know if some of you would want it. One thing how do I put a pic on this so I can prove it to you that I started to make one.

EDIT: Thanks here it is http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/4205/play10jd.png
It not as good as other wads out there, keep in mind that I'm a new at this, so tell me things that I need to improve on.

EDIT 2: here's Silver running at full speed 2/3 back view
playo14rx.png
his hands and shoes glow in later frames

Whoa is that Silver the Hedgehog from Sonic Rivals? if so cool 8)

Super mystic sonic said:
I just can't understand why people think Silver is a recolor.

Sure, Shadow might be a SS recolor with some added stuff....but Silver....hair, 2 spikes, other eyes, magic, other gloves, boots, and he doesn't have orange arms.

Why do people think every hedgehog is a recolor of Sonic?

people who said he's a recolour can't count, Nothing personal. Also count the spikes on this:

GCFreak said:

This guy has 6 spikes. Show this to SEGA saying 'This is Silver Fags' they'll laugh at you and call you a fool along with go back to kindergarden. Silver looks nothing like that Super Shadow/Sonic Thing.

This is a hedgehog that is not a recolor:

igel01.jpg

Other than that, though, I don't think there ARE any that aren't generic recolors.

Amy is a recolor with clothing. This is understandable as the original objective was to make Sonic a "girlfriend", and it would stand to reason that she's have a similar structure. Acceptable in my eyes.
Shadow is so incredibly blatant I don't understand how anyone can deny it.
Silver is so incredibly blatant I don't understand how anyone can deny it.

Psychic powers and a different number of spikes does not equal effort involved in the design. I'll concede it's less lazy than Shadow, but it's still pretty lazy. Where are the original designs? Where is something new and different like Tails and Knuckles? Remember Metal Sonic in S2 and S3K? That was a brilliant "hedgehog" and it didn't feel contrived at all. Remember Chaos from SA1? That was a villian that wasn't just an edgy angsty Sonic. It's possible for them to create something new and different. However, as long as you all hop to the fandom of something that is just recycled material, they aren't going to bother because the low-effort material yields tons of profit.

Mystic said:

igel01.jpg

Other than that, though, I don't think there ARE any that aren't generic recolors.

Amy is a recolor with clothing. This is understandable as the original objective was to make Sonic a "girlfriend", and it would stand to reason that she's have a similar structure. Acceptable in my eyes.
Shadow is so incredibly blatant I don't understand how anyone can deny it.
Silver is so incredibly blatant I don't understand how anyone can deny it.

Psychic powers and a different number of spikes does not equal effort involved in the design. I'll concede it's less lazy than Shadow, but it's still pretty lazy. Where are the original designs? Where is something new and different like Tails and Knuckles? Remember Metal Sonic in S2 and S3K? That was a brilliant "hedgehog" and it didn't feel contrived at all. Remember Chaos from SA1? That was a villian that wasn't just an edgy angsty Sonic. It's possible for them to create something new and different. However, as long as you all hop to the fandom of something that is just recycled material, they aren't going to bother because the low-effort material yields tons of profit.
You forgot Jet, he's just Shadow as a green bird. And yeah, Shadow was incredibly lazy, he's just SA's SuperSonic with a different colormap and a mysterious past. Though Amy has evolved into a bit more than just a recolor... well she started to, seriously why hasn't Amy used the hammer as a primary weapon since SA1?

Mystic said:

igel01.jpg

You didn't Know that Echidnas and Porcupines (whatever they are spelt) are part of the Hedgehog Family. Their appearence are different but they still have the same properties that little guy there above. Basically Sega wasn't the only one recolouring.

Mystic said:
Remember Metal Sonic in S2 and S3K?
ARGH

His name is Mecha Sonic, not Metal. Mecha Sonic is the large bulky one with orange eyes, Metal Sonic is the light small one with red eyes.

But then again, what do you care? XP

Neo Chaotikal said:
Mystic said:
Remember Metal Sonic in S2 and S3K?
ARGH

His name is Mecha Sonic, not Metal. Mecha Sonic is the large bulky one with orange eyes, Metal Sonic is the light small one with red eyes.

And Mecha Sonic in S2 is called Silver Sonic, thanks.

Neo Chaotikal said:
I don't. They're all the same basic idea. Naming them all different things is idiotic and unnecessarily complicates things. Metal Sonic is Metal Sonic is Metal Sonic.

Mystic said:
Neo Chaotikal said:
I don't. They're all the same basic idea. Naming them all different things is idiotic and unnecessarily complicates things. Metal Sonic is Metal Sonic is Metal Sonic.
Finally, someone who agrees with me on that!

:roll: So uh back on topic I like the idea. I'll gladly help in anyway I can to get this wad as perfect as possible. :mrgreen:

*bonks on Mystic's head*

In the real world, hedgehogs look all the same! Compared to the difference from two real hedgehogs and the two game hedgehogs Shadow and Silver.....

Real hedgehog difference: 5%
Shadow/Silver difference: 60%

Lets say you know what I'm trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back