Post your pics/art here!

Thanks bro.

Anyway I'm experimenting with a more comical style. Should I develop this style more or stick to my usual thing?
582155_10150747372169713_633369712_9862823_1956460705_n.jpg

Anyway I'm experimenting with a more comical style. Should I develop this style more or stick to my usual thing?

You have allot of detail in this piece. Love it! Descended from Nordic Vikings myself, There's actually nothing here I don't like:D

If I give you any piece of advice, it is lighten up on your pencil so their marks are easier to erase.

In my personal opinion, you should seek to master what ever drawing style tickles your fancy.

I've been drawing since I noticed pencils made marks on paper:D I was drawing self portraits before I could spell my own name:P

I give fair warning to anyone drawing anime style though. It's easy to master but hard to work out of your own personal style. There's elements of anime in my style, as well as Sonic elements (which actually turned out to be a big influence when I was a teenager) and a rich classical element that I picked up in collage (like Greek and Roman art) which really help with human proportions.

Here's one of my own characters
protected under copyright of law 2010 :D
tq71F.png

It probably takes me an hour hacking away the details with a pencil on any given piece. Another hour to for inking. I could have inked it in less that 10 minutes but what's called "contoured lines" are far more time consuming. They add a whole new dimension to everything and it's worth the effort. 20 minutes coloring it on computer.

All the various elements are there. It's Sonic's fault her feet are so big. It's a habit I got into a long time ago and a trait shared by many of my characters, and I just never looked back. I also appreciate the whimsically cartoony and cute/ sexy appearance of the Sonic style. The classical element constantly reminds me of proportions, and skeletal and muscular features while I draw. I actually have a pretty deep understanding of anatomy. (being a nerd helps) It keeps everything in place and despite her being a cartoon, she looks alive. The anime elements are gone for the most part but their there in the rough pointy edges of the silhouette. The rest is all me:D

So essentially she's a Roman statue, dressed like a Sonic fan character:P

Last edited:
Actually I only pressed hard with the pencil once I was done planning out the drawing

OH. Well keep up the good work, dude!

I'm not sure if I should call this Dubstep or Hardcore Techno (for real) Dubcore Techstep?

It sounds like video game music!!! It's a whole lot of fun actually:D I've been playing with electronic music for about 15 years now but your percussion is far more comprehensive than mine. What else ya got?

Here's one I'm really proud of:D
http://soundcloud.com/the-mad-accordionist/haunted/s-zumqr

I think I've gone too long without criticism on these.

Don't mind if I do;)

I wont poke holes in your theories or progressions. That's your personal style and you shouldn't change it for anyone except yourself. I don't know exactly what your using to write so forgive me if I misidentify anything.

Act 1- What sounds like your lead guitar has good rhythms but their lost in all the hits, seemingly being struck with the same amount of force. If your unclear on the terminology, this is your "modulation". Say for example if you were playing an actual guitar. Certainly not every string struck would be equally loud. Play around with the volume on those and give your groovy rhythms some spice.

Now I have a personal bias toward all brass instruments. I hate them. It's not your fault and I feel the same way about any woodwinds. In your piece they could easily be replaced with something that grinds just as much as your lead and bass. Might I suggest one of the more electrical sounding saw tones.

Act 2- More brass. Hey, if you like it don't let me tell you otherwise but in this piece I think a strong string instrument would beautifully suffice. If I'm right and you're using MIDI software, I think there are 3 varieties of orchestra strings somewhere in the MIDI standard around #30 or so. Give one of those a whirl. I like everything else ya got rockin' in this piece.

I'm not using MIDI for any tracks, just Soundfonts and VSTi.

As for Act 1, the brass might stay, but the guitar has already changed. Not uploaded yet.

As for Act 2, I will change the brass, but probably not with strings. But, you never know!

hwe914.jpg

I HAVE MADE A WALLACE AND GROMIT PARODY WITH SONIC AND KNUCKLES AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A COOL IDEA but then it came out horrible and now i'm not so sure it was a cool idea to begin with

Now that finals are over, I'm looking forward to wantonly doodling some more!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back