SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 08-14-2009   #1
UruZingLo
Zero out of Ten

Default Spectrobes Origins

Saw the trailer and gameplay videos last night and looks like we got another good wii game coming, it does look a bit repetitive, but the combo system still looks pretty decent. Im hoping to Rent or Buy this when it comes out, and When I do i'll tell you what I fully think of it. So far I think its going to be a awesome game.

Trailer+Gameplay Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-K0TaGlXpQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYo6BXwYmsQ
Old 08-14-2009   #2
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but this doesn't spark my interest all that much. If just because it all feels so much like things we've seen before (i.e., the whole fossil collection thing looks rather close to 'GOTTA CATCH EM ALL', judging from the trailer) and the combat seems to be a bit of a mindless button masher.
Whackjood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009   #3
UruZingLo
Zero out of Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whackjood View Post
Perhaps I'm missing something here, but this doesn't spark my interest all that much. If just because it all feels so much like things we've seen before (i.e., the whole fossil collection thing looks rather close to 'GOTTA CATCH EM ALL', judging from the trailer) and the combat seems to be a bit of a mindless button masher.
Well I think the combat isnt going to be a button smasher since its probably going to be Wii motion combat, where you just swing the wii remote in differn't slash movement directions. and as for the fossil thing I don't know if thats what they were going off of, then again it could be.
Old 08-15-2009   #4
BlueZero4

You guys remember Red Steel's sword fighting? The name of the game was "wiggle waggle 'till your arm falls off", and it was NOT fun.

In nay case, the high point of the trailer was the style of the game, but that isn't saying much considering we've got so many other games with style like Red Steel 2 and Badlands.
Old 08-16-2009   #5
UruZingLo
Zero out of Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZero4 View Post
You guys remember Red Steel's sword fighting? The name of the game was "wiggle waggle 'till your arm falls off", and it was NOT fun.
Well, I never got to play Red Steel(Sadly) but even if this game has that kind of thing, you can always pause it and rest your hands right? Or you never know, it might actually be Gamecube controller compatable like Some other upcoming Wii games are.