SRBG: Alpha Preview Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made another EXE that fixes some of the rather blatant problems in SRBG.
-No 'invisible' springs
-Player doesn't disappear when paused
-Semi-functional 'gravity', feels a little heavy though...
-Bubble glitch in Act 2 fixed
-Act 2's level design is less confusing
-Camera attempts to zoom in on the player if it touches a wall, to avoid getting stuck in it and losing control of the player object.
-Item box can't be bounced off of yet, but can be jumped on to break
-Press the P key to enable mouselook in Third-person mode. You can't strafe or step backwards yet,(die u carpy camera!1!1!) but definitely more bearable than 'Analog' mode. Disable with O.
-Spin dash sound doesn't "make your ears bleed"
-Other extremely minor glitches not noticed by anyone else fixed
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jjnjxxzwyng
Since the graphical part of the engine is obviously done, from just looking at the screen shots, I will be focusing entirely on the physics now. Much of what I had learned from Damizean's Sonic 360 tutorial will be applied in things such as gravity, wall collision and motion. This is obviously going to make/break a lot of stuff that needs to be rewritten, including the piss-poor camera, so another release isn't going to be uploaded for some time.
GCFreak said:
Um, The camera keeps moving off to the left and I can't move.
After making a complete fool out of myself in front of the whole community with this horrid alpha, I wouldn't release an EXE only that adds to the problems. Have you spilled something on your keyboard recently? I don't have that issue on my end, it must be something on yours.

Um, The camera keeps moving off to the left and I can't move.

EDIT: actually the whole thing is pretty screwed over here.

I'm extremely sorry to bump this back from the dead, but is this still being worked on? I recently heard a sonic song and thought: "Where have I heard this before?", then I remembered this. I remember the level design being pretty decent despite the horrid controls.

Decent level design? I dunno, but I don't think invisible bridge traps count as decent. ;P

hyperson said:
I watched Foxblittzz's Video, I had the same feeling of feeling fuzzy inside :X
Yeah, fuzzy voice...anyway to get serious about this -game- you made. Overall, the only thing I liked was the Sonic's Shading and shadow. But despite that fact, this is terrible in my opionion. I can't get passed the second level, and I manually use mouse, not keyboard arrows. When you come out with a better exe of this, please, test it out first before you give it to us.

This is being made with Game Maker 7, not an awesome 3D game maker. The program is very light and can't do much. It's the best Sonic 3D engine ever GM7 to tell you the truth.

-_- It's not SRB2. If you want multiplayer, play SRB2. This is a barely started Game Maker port, and if it has multiplayer, it's surely too buggy to use. :/

Actually, it isn't a port any more. It's being changed dramatically but the next version hasn't been released. I think it has nothing to do with SRB2 anymore I think. Also, Multiplayer can't work, there's no programming for it and the controls are in the help menu. Why are we still talking about this? :|

*Raises hand*

Question. What's the point of this? Why should I play this (when it becomes a) finished project rather than simply play SRB2 as-is?

Well, if you read the Q&A, you find this.
Dr.Pepper said:
Q:If you're not actually making a full-blown Sonic game out of the SRBG engine, then why are you working on this in the first place?
A:SRBG is a personal engine test, basically. I'm a crazy SRB2 fan and want to see how far I can push Game Maker, no surprise what happens after that. :P If SRBG is a success in its goals, I can use the engine as a base for my own original game, which will behave like SRB2 in many ways.

Hey back at the first post Eggman is never harmless all his machiences are made for destruction [spoiler:d58e408a01](excluding the one he made in Sonic Chronicles)[/spoiler:d58e408a01] any by the coments and pic this looks like it will go nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back