1.09.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draykon said:
Kinda like how I've always wanted to make a character who can do a flying kick when the spindash, but jump normally when jumping.
I have been wanting to do something similar.

One new thing in 1.09.5 I've noticed is when your Super Sonic you can now spindash over the water. Not the same way you would run over it. You kind of have a rock skipping water effect, very cool :). I don't think this was in past versions before but if I'm wrong be gentle. :|

Actually, that was a feature in 1.09.3.4, and every character that can spin can do that.

SSNTails on #srb2fun said:
<SSNTails> Fix for FuriousFox's crushers,
<SSNTails> Fixed Got_Nameandcolor (?)
<SSNTails> A few other things...?
<SSNTails> Fireflower colormap fix (I can't believe nobody found this?!)
<SSNTails> Fixed NiGHTS mare problem
<SSNTails> Fixed lack of control after thokking from spinning on ground.
<SSNTails> Credits Adjustment
<SSNTails> Turret Fix
<SSNTails> Possible bug fix in memory management

Just put in back -noresetplayers for netgames, and make new sprites for SS. I don't care how many things you fix and make, without -noresetplayers i'll keep playing 1.09.2. Devmode only works in 1P!

Its the only command I couldn't cheat around to use in netgames. (god mode in match for only me rocks ^^)

I think people can do without it. Besides, It will have people make Emerald shrine fan levels that lead to map A1 or something ;P *coughmecough*

Wow. -noresetplayers was still around? Yeah, that seriously needs to go. That cheat is insanely powerful.

Honestly, people, we aren't going to readd your exploits for you. We remove them as we feel necessary. Multi-thok is gone. Multi-glide is gone. What makes you think something even MORE abusive than that will stay around?

Now.. save all the maps as a special format so you can't open it in any wad editors and remove noclip and god. :)

Now.. save all the maps as a special format so you can't open it in any wad editors and remove noclip and god. :)
Why? That issue is already nerfed.

You edit srb2.srb and the game will refuse to load.
You noclip or god, and the game sets the modifiedgame flag on, so you can't unlock anything.

It's not about removing all helpful features. It's useful to be able to open srb2.srb, and it's useful to be able to NOCLIP/GOD through a map to test something far away from the player start. It's about this kind of post right here:

Its the only command I couldn't cheat around to use in netgames. (god mode in match for only me rocks ^^)
That should never even be remotely possible, and if we nerfed that kind of cheat I'm damn glad we made that modification.

Mystic said:
Wow. -noresetplayers was still around? Yeah, that seriously needs to go. That cheat is insanely powerful.

Its not a cheat. It saves your emeralds when warping to levels. Its very frustating, if you finnally collected all the emeralds in (example) Mystic realm, and wanna go back to jade coast....you lost the emeralds you worked so damn hard for!

Multi-thok is gone.

I don't really care, but it would be something very nice if you could multi-thok while flying with SS.

Multi-glide is gone.

My reason to play with knuckles is also gone.

What makes you think something even MORE abusive than that will stay around?

Shouldn't a game be about fun? The reason why I liked SA is that they didn't make the game crappy just to make sure you can't cheat. Shadow the hedghog(game) failed just because they limited you in tons of stuff, to make sure you can't....example make you chaos bar unlimited.

Oh well, I'll stick with 1.09.2 as my final SRB2. By the way, I never, ever used god mode in match against anyone. How do I actually use god mode in netgames? It has something to do with springs and armegodon shield and firing a bomb ring. Well, i'm not gonna tell it exacly, cause you remove the cheat that way. Just like the item respawn cheat in Mystic Realm.

One of the big reasons companies do not do public beta tests until the game is practically finished is because they don't want to upset people if something is removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back