Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Here we go again. I really DO hate these topics X_X

This is not a forum for spam.
This is not a forum for flaming.
This is not a forum for cursing.
This is not a forum for role playing.

This is a forum for the discussion of SRB2 and SRB2-related topics. Off-topic is for discussion of serious or at least interesting topics not related to SRB2.

Newbie bashing needs to stop. I don't care HOW stupid the newbie is, if he's bad enough, he'll be banned by the administrators. If you don't have the ability to lock a topic, I don't want to hear anything about it needing to be locked. The old adage works best: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Also, if something isn't allowed on the forbidden words list, it's not allowed. That does not mean evading the cesnor. If "vary" was a censored word, then "v***", "v*ry", "v&^@", "v^ry", "****ing", and pretty much anything other than four asterisks is against the rules. It shouldn't be possible to figure out what word it is, even with context. I expect a decent amount of restraint from those among you who enjoy cursing. Keep it off the forum, please. A little slip here and there is fine, but repeat offenses will start to get punishment.

Another thing that seems to have appeared again and needs to stop is role playing. This is a forum. It is a database stored on a Sepwich server. It is not a physical room. You cannot physically fight or physically interact on the internet. Role playing increases the noise on the forums and doesn't add anything.

This does not mean that humor or jokes are forbidden. In fact, I encourage them. Feel free to slap someone in a joking manner for an idiotic comment. If you do, however, that should not be the entirety of your post. If you have a slap or joke in your post, that's fine, but make sure to have more content in your post than just the slap. Add something to the topic at large. For great justice.

Basically, I hate these topics as much as everyone else. However, recently it's been getting worse than normal, so I'm going back to posting annoyingly long messages like this so I can try to cover everything to avoid "But you didn't say X".

Oh, and don't use copy paste. Otherwise you get sentences like me.

Proofread ENTIRE document, Mystic...ENTIRE document X_X

The problem with these sorts of topics is that the people who need to read them usually don't. :|

Mystic said:
Basically, I hate these topics as much as everyone else. However, recently it's been getting worse than normal, so I'm going back to posting annoyingly long messages like this so I can try to cover everything to avoid "But you didn't say X".

I think I know what you mean. The recent jump in members of the community caused a lot of flame wars to start because they wouldn't read previous topics, or read the rules at all. I'm surprised, however, at how some of these new members are growing in the community. Would anyone say they've grown they're roots here? Shadowsfollower got suspended for about a week or so, and now he posts very intelligently, and that's what I ment by "grown they're roots."

Ehm, a lot of the new wave of stupid topics (the majority) were created by old members :roll: The newbies are trying to imitate us, only...

Sik said:
Ehm, a lot of the new wave of stupid topics (the majority) were created by old members :roll: The newbies are trying to imitate us, only...
Sik hit the nail right on the head. If it was just the newbies, it's easy to throw administrative action and threaten them, and if they don't conform, a few bans.

However, it's not newbies that is propegating the stupidity. Especially with the no cursing rule, the newbies don't tend to break the rules in this topic unless a old member does so first. I almost never see a newbie create a stupid topic that doesn't have anything to do with SRB2, they don't tend to curse, they certainly don't tend to flame, and role playing is the sign of someone who has been on IRC too long. These behaviors aren't just in the newbies. If they were, I wouldn't post an announcement. Newbies don't read these.

Stupid topics don't become stupid if you don't let them. Flamewars don't start unless there are two sides. The newbies cannot be blamed for the problem here. The old members of this community need to step forward and accept responsibility for at least some of the issues of the community. This topic isn't aimed at newbies. I know full well newbies don't read this.

Aww.. no swearing at all? Not even the the synonym of heck?

Ah well, the forum has been getting kinda out of control lately..

So for example: ******* Dumbass ***** is fine, then, right?

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Apparently it is, because I can't even figure out what that second word IS =P

That... is disturbing, as I got both words on the dot.

Anyway, I accept partial responsibility for some of the issues in the community, as I have started a few problems a while back ^_^

I think that I've been the core to most of the problems here. I will really try to tune it down a little, Mystic.

Boy... If you think that I'm crazy online, then you should see me in real life. Actually, no you shouldn't...

What about the GeeKeR forums? Can we post stupidity there, as long as it is *mostly* on topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back