Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty low turnout so far. Then again, most level designers wait until the last minute to submit their piece into the OLDC.

Then, stop releasing Secluded Sky on Editing section and make sure you are submitting a new level design using same level elements you are using in Secluded Sky so far.

Released levels are rejected for OLDC.
Betatesting releases are okay, which is what that was, IIRC.

You'd be surprised how lenient that rule is.

Betatesting releases are okay, which is what that was, IIRC.

You'd be surprised how lenient that rule is.

IIRC, what really matters is if you submit a finished level that has already been released. If what you released on the forums was an unfinished WIP, I think that's good enough to let it in. Of course, adding some extra sectors to a finished level claimed to be unfinished is rather pushing it, and I think it won't get accepted. Somebody clarify this, please.

I'm needing three to five beta testers for my level soon, Sunday or Monday. PM me when interested. Give info on your timezone (mine's GMT+1).

Sorry for hijacking.

Last edited:
I also have new screenies! Perhaps this will spark interest.

srb20016.png

Call this one 'Proof of insanity' if you like. There's probably no other adjective to describe this endevaour. But I'll finish this, even if it means getting the map delayed by one contest.

srb20017.png

Redesign of the giant central balcony. Still under construction.

srb20018.png

Tower redesign, looks fairly okay for now I reckon. The wall's another story.

Anyway, I'll submit it when it's done. This contest, or next contest. I should try thing placement now to get stuff actually, y'know, playable for the beta.

There's an inside and an outside part anyways. The inside part's not quite as open. Although I do have to admit that I went a little overboard on the level, and that comes to bite me in the ass now. There are like four separate pathes out of the flag room.

But I'm optimistic as I have three weeks without much other possibilities to spend my time now. But, as it looks, no internet either, which means I have to do playtesting now. While the whole thing might still be a giant WIP.

It's an epic scale level, and I'll do my darnedest to make it epic.

Death egg looks okay, graceful coast looks awesome!
darkbob1713 your zone look fun : > as for naming cannot help you there.

EDIT: did not realise there was ten pages of zones to veiw O_O

That looks really flat, devoid of detail, enemies, and gameplay. Whatever platforming is there is either generic pillar hopping or repetitive left-and-right movements.
The areas are really devoid of scenery, there's no engaging gameplay, and there seems to be no bonuses.
I don't think Turtle Island's song works nicely in SRB2.

That looks really flat, devoid of detail, enemies, and gameplay. Whatever platforming is there is either generic pillar hopping or repetitive left-and-right movements.
The areas are really devoid of scenery, there's no engaging gameplay, and there seems to be no bonuses.
I don't think Turtle Island's song works nicely in SRB2.

Keep in mind that it's still in its early phases. Scenery, thing placement, and secrets are almost always one of the last steps that I take when I create a level. Right now it currently only features essential things as well as objects that I felt like creating at the time.

As for the music, that's a matter of preference; I think it works rather well in SRB2.

I don't like it that you used the Zephyr Hills textures agian. You should try something new. Also, it seems like this is going to be really linear.

I don't like it that you used the Zephyr Hills textures agian. You should try something new. Also, it seems like this is going to be really linear.

I really didn't want to use GFZ textures though, and I couldn't find any others that would fit. Maybe I'll make a new texture set for it, but that's not top priority at the moment.

And it's still incomplete and at a rough start, the video is a proof-of-concept more than anything.

I don't think the music fits, either.
There's almost no texture variation, making seeing that bland square texture everywhere get ridiculously annoying.
Also, is this a Tails-only level? There's one area which seems to only be possible by flying (it's somewhat maze-like, with platforms to stop on, over a pool), because your opaque water blocks couldn't let us see what exactly you were flying over.

No, it's not a Tails only level. There's an area that breaks off into three seperate paths for each character; Tails' is just the one I had complete at the time. And the water is just a current that leads you back to the previous platform.

I'd continue going on about the texture, but it'd just be redundant since I've already mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back