SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Miscellaneous

Reply
 
Thread Tools
SRB2: Greenflower plus Details »»
SRB2: Greenflower plus
Version: 2.0, by Phil the hegi (Absolute Nonsense) Phil the hegi is offline
Developer Last Online: Apr 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (4 votes - 1.80 average)
Released: 04-27-2015 Last Update: 10-19-2015 Installs: 3
Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics


SRB2GFP is just what it sounds like: An addon that attempts to make GFZ look better.

Spoiler: Old garbage
Ahahah, that was a joke. I mean, who'd be dumb enough to

...Spend all night retex--

...Retexturing green--

...Flow...er... damnit.

[bad] Jokes aside, You know how ugly GFZ is? In general? I know Iceman does. Well, I've retextured all of greenflower and all of it's things, with the exeption of
  • Monitors
  • Crawlas
  • And that one tree at the end of GFZ2
For yout viewing pleasure! Of course I'll get to those later. Just not yet.
I would love it if these could replace the vanilla textures.

I ended up having to submit this the following day because of internet problems and school :I


Sooper dooper revamp

Only one image because I'm supposed to be asleep right now, will add more later.
Try 2.0 pls

Both the .RARs for the old and old new textures are here, if you're satanic enough to want to punish yourself with the old CAKEWALL

Download Now

File Type: rar SRB2GFP.rar (30.2 KB, 655 views)
File Type: rar SRB2GFP1.0.rar (28.8 KB, 516 views)
File Type: rar SRB2GFP2.0.rar (30.5 KB, 674 views)

Show Your Support

  • The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 05-02-2015   #22
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer
 
MotorRoach's Avatar
Default

I personally would like an inbetween of the sky color he has and the official one. I'm kind of curious to see how that might look like.
__________________
What
MotorRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015   #23
Phil the hegi
Absolute Nonsense
 
Phil the hegi's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
That's really neat looking, bravo, however...
I know I'm not really a reliable guy when it comes to spriting and all (Forgive my spriting attempts, world!), but I think that caramel-ish impression is given by the texture's shading. Try making it like vanilla -without nececarly changing the colors- and see if it looks better.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of the blue you gave to the sky, I liked the default one better. But that might just be me.
I'm thinking about changing the sky to the mid cyan/blue color.
__________________
I still log onto this account sometimes for the express purpose of viewing my childish tirades...
Phil the hegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015   #24
Phil the hegi
Absolute Nonsense
 
Phil the hegi's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehRealSalt View Post
<TehRealSalt> The part where he says "You say that like custom levels were even in my head." REALLY irks me
<RedEnchilada> is it because he wants his textures to replace the vanilla textures
<RedEnchilada> and therefore affect every custom level
You know what, TehRealSalt? You know what?
This is for you.

Sorry for bullshitting you earlier.
__________________
I still log onto this account sometimes for the express purpose of viewing my childish tirades...
Phil the hegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015   #25
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

Sky looks better. Grass doesn't look like it's been addressed yet, though.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Oh, a comment on the sky: the clouds look too cartoony for the green hill type atmosphere. You should try something closer to what the originals did, like a nimbus cloud (example)
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015   #26
Phil the hegi
Absolute Nonsense
 
Phil the hegi's Avatar
Default

Guys

Might I deserve a second chance?
__________________
I still log onto this account sometimes for the express purpose of viewing my childish tirades...
Phil the hegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015   #27
Sprocket 9001
Permanently Banned
Default

SO whats wrong with Green Hill zone?
Sprocket 9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015   #28
Phil the hegi
Absolute Nonsense
 
Phil the hegi's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket 9001 View Post
SO whats wrong with Green Hill zone?
Nothing much, tbh I did this just because.

Would you guys hate me if I asked you to re-rate
__________________
I still log onto this account sometimes for the express purpose of viewing my childish tirades...

Last edited by Phil the hegi; 10-19-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Phil the hegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015   #29
76Nova
 
76Nova's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the hegi View Post
Guys

Might I deserve a second chance?
This reminds me of the Shax PureBDcraft texture pack from Minecraft. It's really the wall textures that don't fit in. Maybe try and do something similiar to the default ones, but with deeper colors?
76Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015   #30
Phil the hegi
Absolute Nonsense
 
Phil the hegi's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Nova View Post
This reminds me of the Shax PureBDcraft texture pack from Minecraft. It's really the wall textures that don't fit in. Maybe try and do something similiar to the default ones, but with deeper colors?
I'm always up for ideas :P
__________________
I still log onto this account sometimes for the express purpose of viewing my childish tirades...
Phil the hegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015   #31
"Lat'"
Stop it
 
"Lat'"'s Avatar
Default

...I don't really like above screenshot's grass, to be honnest. The "lines" it makes look outta place to me. The wall texture however feels different and original, compared to the generic caramel and chocolate squares =P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronydude2k5 View Post
If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015   #32
76Nova
 
76Nova's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
...I don't really like above screenshot's grass, to be honnest. The "lines" it makes look outta place to me. The wall texture however feels different and original, compared to the generic caramel and chocolate squares =P
I actually really like the grass, I think the current grass we have now looks like vomit >.>
76Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015   #33
StarmakerJasper
Hey, that's my pudding!
 
StarmakerJasper's Avatar
Default

It's... okay.

I personally find that the grass texture looks more fittng as an acid waterfall if you flipped it turnways and animated it. There's something about the whole wave pattern you have going on that just doesn't speak grass. I think it has something to do with how flat it looks? Not really sure how to feel about the walls, except that when they aren't in-line it looks much more jarring compared to the checkerboard pattern already in place.

Also for some reason I have the feeling it would look better if you used the normal cobalt blue color (or at least one that is less blinding) for the sky. The brightness is really throwing me off, probably because Arid Canyon uses a similarily bright color and it makes the desert-themed area look much more... arid and bright, obviously.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwagon
>proceeds to throw book on floor and run around the library screaming "THE PINK IS REAL."

Last edited by StarmakerJasper; 10-20-2015 at 04:22 PM.
StarmakerJasper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015   #34
Phil the hegi
Absolute Nonsense
 
Phil the hegi's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
It's... okay.

I personally find that the grass texture looks more fittng as an acid waterfall if you flipped it turnways and animated it. There's something about the whole wave pattern you have going on that just doesn't speak grass. I think it has something to do with how flat it looks? Not really sure how to feel about the walls, except that when they aren't in-line it looks much more jarring compared to the checkerboard pattern already in place.

Also for some reason I have the feeling it would look better if you used the normal cobalt blue color (or at least one that is less blinding) for the sky. The brightness is really throwing me off, probably because Arid Canyon uses a similarily bright color and it makes the desert-themed area look much more... arid and bright, obviously.
Oh, I see now. Thanks.
__________________
I still log onto this account sometimes for the express purpose of viewing my childish tirades...
Phil the hegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.