SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Miscellaneous

SA2B ALMOST FINAL MD2 VERSION [SA2SONIC.md2] Details »»
SA2B ALMOST FINAL MD2 VERSION [SA2SONIC.md2]
Developer Last Online: Feb 2019

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 3.40 average)
Released: 04-09-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Re-Useable Content Models

Oh yeah, he is back and better than before! Now some of his animations have been completely changed!
MD2 Coordinates:
3.0 0.0
UPDATE!
Most animations have been changed to be much more accurate and actually look like SOME effort was put into them!
Download it already!

Download Now

File Type: rar SA2BIGIMPROVEMENT.rar (233.8 KB, 3591 views)

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 07-11-2014   #22
supacj
Default umm super blue sonic?

i have a suggeston for super Sonic maybe if you use a separate file it would work but im a noob what would I know?
supacj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014   #23
Terra
Needy child

Quote:
Originally Posted by supacj View Post
i have a suggeston for super Sonic maybe if you use a separate file it would work but im a noob what would I know?
I tried that, but the sonic model got horribly deformed for some reason, and yet the super sonic model worked fine.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014   #24
TheDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I tried that, but the sonic model got horribly deformed for some reason, and yet the super sonic model worked fine.
I had the same problem with my Klonoa and Wizard Eggman model. I think the problem occurs when the model has different parts too far away from each other in the same frame of an animation. Basically, what I think you did wrong, was when you shrunk the super sonic model for the other animations outside of the super frames, you had the model too far away from the original Sonic model.

I've come to this conclusion by realizing in the Klonoa model, Huepow's model was shrunken and moved too far, and this error occured.

For the Eggman model, the ACME rocket was too far away, and the error happened.

I think you should give it another try, but this time keep the shrunken super model not too far away, and not too small.

Last edited by TheDoctor; 07-12-2014 at 06:06 PM.
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014   #25
fevermario

Your starting to get better at model animation. It actually looks like he's running now :D
Old 07-28-2014   #26
Terra
Needy child

Quote:
Originally Posted by fevermario View Post
Your starting to get better at model animation. It actually looks like he's running now :D
Thanks. I need to work on the final version, it will have even better animations (hopefully) and a real super form, as well as proper transform frames.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016   #27
Tonic ze Hedgefox
Please call me VentureSonic

Do you plan on making this work on colours?
Tonic ze Hedgefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016   #28
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Funny how i released my SA2B md2 and no one noticed it, when the quality of mine is better than this one. (except for super sonic xd, will be adding it soon doe)

But hey glad you're back with a more reworked version of your SA2 md2! I will be testing it and post my opinion here with a edit!

EDIT: Well I tested it already, and I gotta say it's not the best thing ever, but atleast you're putting effort in it, aswell as improving in animation. If I had to give you a tip in animation, try looking for animation references in SA2 videos or in the game itself, record videos capturing the necessary animations you want to replicate and put dedication and focus on it, I myself spent hours researching on the animations of a model and looked on every perspective and aspect of the model animations to know how every part of the movement was, with this method you'll end up with a pretty decent product, that's the way i learned animation, and that's the way a lot of animators have learned. Good luck on the process of updating it!

Last edited by VirtualBlitz546; 08-14-2016 at 03:02 PM.
VirtualBlitz546 is offline   Reply With Quote