SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 11-13-2009   #1401
Eblo

Make Sector Type 96 have a linedef equivalent that can work with different amounts of emeralds defined by flags.
Eblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009   #1402
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eblo View Post
Make Sector Type 96 have a linedef equivalent that can work with different amounts of emeralds defined by flags.
So... this could have an Emerald Check Parameter Linedef Trigger that "reads" how many emeralds the player has collected. Depending on the number of emeralds, a certain event could be activated. A very simple example: player collected 6 emeralds except 5th emerald, then a CECHO shows up "You have not collected the Red Emerald! // You have to <insert something here>".

How would it "read" how many emeralds the player has collected? Each emerald would receive a "bit" value: none = 1; 1st = 2; 2nd = 4; 3rd = 8; 4th = 16; 5th = 32; 6th = 64; 7th = 128; and 8th = 256. The linedef lenght is the bit somatory of emeralds that will trigger the linedef executor.

Last edited by Ezer.Arch; 11-13-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Ezer.Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #1403
Daywalker
The Daily Browser

-Pop up sectors .The first one pops up quickly then return instead of just moving fast only, they could be used to make pop up spikes.

The second one working the same way except knocks the player upwards in the air placing them in their hurt frame without hurting them.

-A water jet object that works like the flame jets except bumps the player into the direction they are going on contact.
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #1404
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
-Pop up sectors .The first one pops up quickly then return instead of just moving fast only, they could be used to make pop up spikes.
It exists via Gargoyle Rooms. Just have one trigger spikes shooting up really fast and one retracting them slower.
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #1405
Simsmagic
i 2 i

The ability to use the control scheme similar to DSZ currents (left and right become strafe and the camera is forced behind you), but can be done out of water and without forcing you into pain sprites.
Simsmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #1406
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer

1) Smoother camera alignment on water slides

Camera aligns too abruptly to character's trajectory on curved water slides. This should be smoother. See 1st DSZ2's water slide. I have some levels that use some 90 turns on water slides, seems the camera will hit the walls...

2) Getting camera unstuck from FOF's surfaces

This happens in Lift Bridge Zone (my CTF level) and Twisted Terminal Zone. On LBZ, if character gets into the bridge's tubes, the camera gets stuck outside, over the FOF (this worked so well in 1.09.4). On TTZ, if I do toggle chasecam while I'm in underground, the camera gets stuck over the FOF.

(in pictures above, the character was actually under the FOF, but the camera was stuck over the FOF)

3) New thing: Fireball Spawner

Works almost like Rock Spawner but instead of making rocks fall from a cliffside, it makes fireballs that hurts the player; if falling on floor, stick on floor like slimeballs (Egg Slime) and disappear after some few seconds.

I think of using it in things like this:

:D

Last edited by Ezer.Arch; 11-16-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Ezer.Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #1407
Conic

Okay, if this has already been suggested, bear with me.

For 2.0.5, hopefully, SRB2 should at least have the option of saving every logfile. This would be important for a certain project of mine that would require every logfile to be saved.

The way I'd like to see it is either automatically enabled in the -dedicated parameter, a console variable, or as its own command line parameter, something like -keeplogs.

Thanks, I could really use this feature.
Conic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #1408
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>

The ability to generate a less versatile water in a way that's not an FOF, for framerate purposes.
Old 11-19-2009   #1409
blahblahbal
Act 3 FTW!!

This has probably already been suggested, but saving at every act would be nice, so if you're on act 3 and the game gets an error and quits on you, you don't have to start at act one again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
There's this amazing things called the English language
blahblahbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #1410
LightspeedX
aka PrismaticAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahbal View Post
This has probably already been suggested, but saving at every act would be nice, so if you're on act 3 and the game gets an error and quits on you, you don't have to start at act one again.
People have been ranting about this new system since the release of ME/2.0 and it's not going to happen anymore. The old save system was a big spoilment and that's why it's changed.
<toaster> i love you lightspeed
LightspeedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #1411
whoatefred
Scout/N. Gin Ear in Netgame

A polling system that an admin/server can use to gather votes on predetermined or custom choices, predetermined would include game modes, zones, etc., while custom choices would be able to be created in console.
Ex. Createpoll -a Tag -b H&S -c CTF
Players vote via console, the result is csay'd to the players.
whoatefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009   #1412
Simsmagic
i 2 i

A Linedef Executor that, when activated, ends the level as if you had just entered an exit sector. Nonfunctional in any mode other than SP and Coop.
Old 11-19-2009   #1413
D00D64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsmagic View Post
A Linedef Executor that, when activated, ends the level as if you had just entered an exit sector. Nonfunctional in any mode other than SP and Coop.
Ultrafast movement of an invisible and intangible FOF with an exit sector, anyone?
Old 11-19-2009   #1414
Simsmagic
i 2 i

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Ultrafast movement of an invisible and intangible FOF with an exit sector, anyone?
Seems more trouble than it's worth, there could be dozens of ways that one could accidentally avoid something like that, without having to apply the effect to EVERY new and old linedef.
Old 11-20-2009   #1415
Wombatwarlord777
"...What?"

After Buzzes manage to damage the player, program them to retreat a short distance so that they're not destroyed as soon as the player jumps.
Old 11-20-2009   #1416
SpaceKGreen
Neon Knight

Music volume by linedef, multiplies player's volume setting (length = 50 -> music at 50% of player's chosen value), with a max length of 100. Possibly a SOC action with the same effect, as well.

I can see it used to add a little creepiness to an otherwise happy level... step somewhere, and the music suddenly goes muted, colors wash out a bit (via colormap), and you see something move just off the edge of the screen...
SpaceKGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #1417
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Perhaps different zones could feature different colors of crawlas with slightly varying stats. It would at least make the new levels seem a bit more consistent with the old ones.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #1418
Autosaver

Rainbow crawlas!! :D

Anyways, I think the item boxes should be used more. Force shield and the red shield isn't used much IIRC.
Secret exits or different exits

Depending on which exit you used, you should start somewhere else in the level.
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #1419
D00D64

Linedef Executor - CTF _____ Team w/Flag (Or wo/flag)

A linedef that is triggered when a player enters it with the opposing team's flag in CTF, or they do not. Would be useful tool for map building, like no-flag-carrier teleports.

Linedef Executor - Player is Super/No Longer Super

Activates when a player is super. This is more for things like stage-specific super music and the like, with No Longer Super there to change back anything.

Linedef Executor - X Time Left/X Points Left

A linedef executor that is triggered when a certain amount if time is left (One minute till the end of the round for example) or when BOTH CTF teams are one or X amount of point(s) away from winning. These would be able to change the stage or make things occur near the end of netgames to make things more exciting, like opening/sealing off rooms, or changing the visuals and music to suit the mood.

Linedef Executor - X Laps Left

Same as above, but applied to the first player to reach X laps away from the end of the race.

I say X Y left because some players like to change their amount of time/points/laps in a game, and having out go from what's LEFT is better, since it adjusts to the host's changes.

Last edited by D00D64; 11-22-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 11-23-2009   #1420
ZeldaGamer00
That guy who does things

Make bomb rings drop over distance (IE: Apply gravity to them so they move in a downwards arc)
ZeldaGamer00 is offline   Reply With Quote