SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2009   #21
Kyasarin
 
Kyasarin's Avatar
Default

Metal Sonic appearing out of nowhere (he's generally not even mentioned anywhere, so I don't see a reason to bring him back, anyways) really won't make any sense story-wise, and I really doubt the possibility of a fun and working Metal Sonic boss.
Kyasarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #22
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator
 
Mystic's Avatar
Default

Uh...Sonic 2? Sonic 3K? Sonic CD? None of those games have a plot reason for Metal Sonic. I see no reason why we'd need one either. He's just a good idea SEGA had back in the day for a boss.

Plot has NO relation to SRB2 beyond the opening cutscene. Why would that stop us from making an interesting boss encounter?
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #23
tailsmastermind
Does time attack too much
 
tailsmastermind's Avatar
Default

Well Metal Sonic appeared in SRB1 so why not have him in the sequel? And since when has the old Sonic games have a much larger story than "Eggman is collecting all the emeralds and you must stop him and free all of the entrapped animals he's enslaved"? There really isn't a huge story to this. Heck, Knuckles isn't even part of the opening scene, yet he's a playable character. And Tails just kinda appears out of nowhere next to Sonic during this scene. So really, you say it doesn't fit the story. My follow up question is "What story?"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonict
Also, you spelling and grammar is horrible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1k4v...eature=related
ERZ2 in 3:47.74.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXgMLsptYc
Who says race is a thokfest?
tailsmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #24
A Cat
Permanently Banned
Default

Yea there could be a sceen where you hit the last zone and metal coming to attack you.
A Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #25
LightspeedX
aka PrismaticAngel
Default

Ermm... DoomShip is going to be scrapped? Why that? How is Sonic supposed to get to Egg Rock? He uses the DoomShip to get to it, according to the Zones on SRB2.org. Dark City to Egg Rock doesn't make sense in the first place. That MMZ and RMZ are scrapped is understandable, but not the DoomShip Zone, it's kinda part of the ''Story'' too. He used the DoomShip radar so he could locate the Black Rock.

In short, it doesn't need to be scrapped. At all.

Reason why it should?
__________________
My YouTube
Quote:
<toaster> i love when people make videos of my stuff
<toaster> i love you lightspeed
LightspeedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #26
Sergeant Brown
An Eggman Fan
 
Sergeant Brown's Avatar
Default

I say that he's obviously going to be in it. There is quite enough proof (musics and pics) that he'll be in. Now in what zone will he be?
If we follow music-wise, he'll probably be Egg Rock Zone's boss since Metal Sonic's musics come after ERZ musics (I think). If we follow like where were the metal versions of Sonic from S2 to SCD, he'll probably be Doomship Zone's boss... But if what I heard is true -that DZ is going to be scrapped- then it can only be ACZ's boss.
Sergeant Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #27
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player
Moderator
 
D00D64's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightspeedX View Post
Ermm... DoomShip is going to be scrapped? Why that? How is Sonic supposed to get to Egg Rock? He uses the DoomShip to get to it, according to the Zones on SRB2.org. Dark City to Egg Rock doesn't make sense in the first place. That MMZ and RMZ are scrapped is understandable, but not the DoomShip Zone, it's kinda part of the ''Story'' too. He used the DoomShip radar so he could locate the Black Rock.

In short, it doesn't need to be scrapped. At all.

Reason why it should?
Simple. Doomship = Egg Rock Lite
Basically, a small spaceship level. Why would we need an Eggrock with less gimmicks?

Also, if Eggman can stick a space shuttle in a PYRAMID, sticking SOMETHING to get to space in a city is no problem. 'Sides, the level progression makes little sense in all the other games anyways, what makes this so different?
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #28
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood
Moderator
 
Monster Iestyn's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightspeedX View Post
Ermm... DoomShip is going to be scrapped? Why that? How is Sonic supposed to get to Egg Rock? He uses the DoomShip to get to it, according to the Zones on SRB2.org. Dark City to Egg Rock doesn't make sense in the first place. That MMZ and RMZ are scrapped is understandable, but not the DoomShip Zone, it's kinda part of the ''Story'' too. He used the DoomShip radar so he could locate the Black Rock.

In short, it doesn't need to be scrapped. At all.

Reason why it should?
Maybe because Egg Rock Zone stole what Doomship Zone might have had, if it hadn't been scrapped?
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #29
LightspeedX
aka PrismaticAngel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Why would we need an Eggrock with less gimmicks?
Maybe it should be a one boss act with Metal Sonic or something else, of course, that'd make the music for the level completely pointless. (I mean the Doomship music)

The old Midnight Abyss is a DoomShip themed level and a nice example for the level, low gravity and such.

OR they can come up with new ideas and textures.

Still, I wouldn't mind if it was in and without too much detail, like BMZ for now.
__________________
My YouTube
Quote:
<toaster> i love when people make videos of my stuff
<toaster> i love you lightspeed

Last edited by LightspeedX; 10-09-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: New ideas (If they're worth anything)
LightspeedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #30
SSNTails
What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?
 
SSNTails's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
Maybe because Egg Rock Zone stole what Doomship Zone might have had, if it hadn't been scrapped?
Bingo!

I think we could make a fairly interesting and fun Metal Sonic boss... just like Black Eggman, we don't need to follow the standard crawla "chase at the player" AI.
IIRC, the plans we have on the table don't even require you to physically hit him.

Now, if we had a full spriteset...
__________________
Roly Poly Putt & TraceRace - for Android, iOS, & PC - http://www.spaddlewit.com
Follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/SSNTails
SSNTails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #31
FuriousFox
AKA FuriousFox
Developer
 
FuriousFox's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNTails View Post
Now, if we had a full spriteset...
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=31574
FuriousFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #32
A Cat
Permanently Banned
Default

Thanks guys.
A Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #33
Blizzard T.
<3
 
Blizzard T.'s Avatar
Default

He's my favorite Sonic villain, so of course I'm not going to be against this. He really isn't appearing in the Sonic games as much as he should, so that's another reason he should appear... Also, SRB2 is about the classic games, right? Metal is a classic boss. :D
Blizzard T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #34
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar
 
Violo's Avatar
Default

I thought of a Metal Sonic boss which includes an SA2 styled battle themed off Shadow's second fight. I started creating one, but I failed completely. XD
Violo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #35
Sniperific
 
Sniperific's Avatar
Default

It would be interesting to see how this boss turns out. I've always like metal sonic, but hardly any games use metal sonic as a boss (Sonic Heroes doesn't really count because your versing Metal Overlord and not Metal Sonic).
Sniperific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #36
Kyasarin
 
Kyasarin's Avatar
Default

I don't see how Metal Sonic can even be executed. The bosses we have now, even after tons of fixes, are extremely basic and the AI isn't smart. I simply can't imagine an epic battle against Metal Sonic.
Kyasarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #37
Blade
ANNIHILATE.
Developer
 
Blade's Avatar
Default

They could always do the awesome Metal Sonic Race.
__________________
MERRY EGGS-MAS 2012 EVERYONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulfan
Linedef Type 451 - Linedef Executor: Make Level 20% Cooler!
Quote:
Blade was hit by Inuyasha.
<Blade> osuwari
Inuyasha is no longer super.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #38
Kyasarin
 
Kyasarin's Avatar
Default

It wasn't "awesome" if you're constantly tripping over badly placed Spikes and hills.
That would actually be very possible, but Tails and Knuckles would be at an extreme disadvantage.
Kyasarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009   #39
Sniperific
 
Sniperific's Avatar
Default

If they used AI paths instead of the enemy always targeting the player, then they could do more with it.
Sniperific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009   #40
Eggmanfan
Default

Uh, I thought he was just in there for the race in srb and the egg ship could be the like the egg carrier.
Eggmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metal Sonic - Blade Edition (metal.wad) Blade Characters (2.0.X) 52 06-26-2012 06:16 PM
srb2:metal sonic HellHawkX SRB2 Discussion 1 02-13-2010 10:14 AM
metal sonic ect brookernator SRB2 Discussion 12 10-06-2006 03:18 PM
Cheap Metal Sonic from Sonic Heroes G.Metal Sonic/Madness fan Editing 4 08-26-2006 10:39 PM
I finished Metal Sonic from Sonic Heroes! How do you post... Dark Mystic SRB2 Discussion 9 05-07-2006 03:25 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.