• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

heroes adventure-v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really should post screenshots of your levels because not many people will download something without images. Also use another download link than 4shared since we need to make an account: Use Mediafire or dropbox instead

Oh wow, color me surprised! To be honest, I didn't expect much from act 1 of paradise garden since it was so cramped and filled with crawlas but after that? You have something that you could really make into something impressive. Act 2 of Paradise Garden had multiple paths, was much more open, some better enemy placement and pretty good scenery. All in all, it's a pretty good zone but I feel there are a few things that you could do better.
I believe that some of your water falls in act 1 and 2 are incorrectly placed since they aren't in the sector that has the water but are instead placed over a normal land sector that has no water; I mean, this could be something you intended but usually waterfalls go into the water :P. I also encourage you to use less under water scenery things in such small areas, 3-5 are better than the 5+ you have cramped into some of the small little ponds you have in act 2.

I haven't gotten able to play through all of Warped Ravine yet but what I've seen so far, I like. Good texture use throughout the first act except maybe in a few places (ie the silver pipe texture that you use for some of the structures). The level is nice and open and most importantly: it's not short. I also found that I sometimes accidentally backtracked without realizing it because certain things flowed so well.

If you ask me, I think that this would make an excellent level pack to be added to submissions once it's finished. I think it's really cool that I can see how you learned new things about level design through each act and implemented them pretty well. Good job and keep working on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back