Movies everyone loves, that you despise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Knux

Daww, a mother and her foal
Ice's topic multiplied by negative 1. If you saw a movie that everyone said was created by God himself, but you thought it was just not worth the megabytes of data used up to record it, focus the complaints here.

I'd heard 2012 was a great end of Earth movie, but I found out it was less actiony than the trailer suggested. Hell, it was less entertaining than Juno! Sent 2012 back to NetFlix an hour in, scrubbed corneas.

Avatar. It was a mistake IMO. Just a handicap becoming a blue guy, who befriends other blue guys, and blah blah blah.

Sonic OVA: The (So Called) Movie.

All the reasons I posted in the topic in this forum. Nothing correlates. Even the character personalities fail to suggest Sonic. Where's Sonic's trademark 'tude? Why do we have a human/catgirl GF? Just.... why is this so damn popular?

Sonic OVA: The (So Called) Movie.

Just.... why is this so damn popular?

Cause it seems more interesting than said Sonic anime we have now. It isn't the best thing out there but I enjoyed it just as much as SaTaM and underground (if anyone really liked that one --shrug--).

I liked Underground.

My likes, best = 1 worst = ∞, goes:
1. SatAM
2. UnderGround
3. OVA
4. AoStH
5. Sonic X (JP)
∞. Sonic X (4KiDS!)

I don't really like Return of the Jedi. The detour frustratingly delayed the real story of the movie (rescuing Captain Jack was handled far better), the morality conflict was a little bit too heavy-handed, and the action that offset it was a bunch of ewoks outsmarting stormtroopers in ways that- while I enjoyed- did not really make up for it. That and the love triangle between Leia, Luke, and Han Solo felt just thrown in for the sake of it.

As a movie, I also don't like Revenge of the Sith, often considered the only good prequel. I think the pacing was very poor despite the fact that once he went off the deep end, Anakin went ALL the way. Additionally there's way too much to keep track of. You don't really invest yourself in any of the conflicts because they seem to exist only as an excuse to prove that this is a war. I much preferred the strategy of Empire Strikes Back which managed the same effect by only showing one crucial battle.
I do, however, think that Order 66 was one of the best sequences in the entire saga, and the lightsaber battle at the end was worthy of the last movie. And the lightsaber duels have always been my prime motivation for watching the Star Wars movies anyway.

As an avid Lord of the Rings find, it surprises me to find that The Return of the King was, in retrospect, disappointing compared to the other two. In my opinion, it probably had the weakest pacing, at least for a Peter Jackson movie. The fact that it took like half an hour to end was part of the problem. That said, I can't truly say I didn't like the movie, but that I believe that Two Towers and Fellowship were better movies.

I also feel the same way about At Worlds End despite the fact that I did indeed like the movie, it was just not as good as the two before it because of the pacing.

Do we notice a pattern here? Anyway these are all movies that I still would be willing to watch. For movies I truly hated that everyone liked, I'd have to say anything by Michael Bay or Roland Emmerich (sp?)... along with almost everything with zombies in it.

Avatar. Might as well watch Captain Planet... or the last handful of Sonic X episodes for that matter.

Twilight. I will never, ever get those two hours back.

This. The horrible fact was that, I would've never watched this movie if we weren't forced to in school, just because the substitute teacher didn't have any other good movies.

Would Twilight really count? I mean there are as much people who like it as there is who hate it.

District 9 seemed pretty ridiculous in my opinion. I dunno, the plot seemed... random and unexpected. Other than that, I can't think of any other movie I hated but people liked.

Actually, I'm nearly 15 now, and my friends still said it was hilarious. Steve Carell is hilarious too.

I didn't care for the Twilight movie, and unlike the above posts, I will give reasons other than "lol everyone on the internet hates it i'll jump on bandwagon". I have a certain amount of respect for the books, but the movie was pretty lackluster. I don't think Edward is very handsome. He looked better as Cedric in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I felt that the acting was somewhat shaky, and the fact that they put so much focus on the boys makes this more or less a Chick Flick. The special effects aren't exactly impressive either.

I haven't bothered watching the sequels, but they don't look to be much of an improvement, and they're pumping out movies too fast to make them any better. I'd spend more time on production and actual features instead of silly fan-service movies designed to take in as much money as it can from young teenage girls.

Ahhh, Today's modern movies, the worst one I can say is Twilight then I couldn't probally make a fuss about any other movies except Avatar and Transformers. I feel asleep on all of them because they were all boring with no godd story detail, I mean who cares for Smurfs on roids, Sparkly Vampires, and Cars that can turn into robots (That was made up like 10 years ago get over it). That is just my comments though

I used to like Avatar, but that was only after the first time I saw it. Now if I watch it, it's just boring. Yet I could watch many other movies multiple times and still enjoy it, sometimes more even.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, that's a movie I could watch over and over again, maybe next time I'll try listening for the sonic sounds.

instead of silly fan-service movies designed to take in as much money as it can from young teenage girls.

Fan-service LOL.

Well, I'm not much of a movie/TV watcher, but I'll have to say, I hated Twilight. It just BORED me.

Well, I saw Twilight: Eclipse with my family the other week. Expectedly, I fell asleep halfway during the movie.

Adding that to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back