• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Blaze WAD WIP. (Last Alpha Release!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SonicTheDalek, that character selection pic looks way better and prettier than mine, I love it, thanks. I'm definitely going to use it and have already re shaded it based on her latest look. I've already given you credit for the picture inside the current WAD file I'm working on. I'm posting the re shaded image here so you can see how it looks before the Beta, and let me know whether or not I butchered it.
blzecharrg2SonicTheDalek.png

I like the idea of making the Sol emeralds' graphics into a separate WAD file included with Blaze, the Beta will include this, everybody loves choices.
sonicgaby said:
Dude nice superform (Note i found it, no duh!
And yes nitro i was playing with your nserveagain.wad)
I'm glad you like it, as I've already finished all of her Super-form sprites, those will be seen in the Beta WAD I'll be posting in the Releases Section later.
nitro_the_hedghog said:
That's because it is the bubble breath frame.
I would have made a different frame for that angle by now, but I can't get her hair or her head to look right.
I'll Begin said:
That Character Select avatar looks awesome, but I reckon those eyes don't suit her well enough. They should be slanted a little more, like in her official art.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Blaze06.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sonicrush_blaze2.png
That's funny, I used those exact same pictures for reference when I started drawing Blaze's graphics, before I finished the first WIP WAD.

Snip! (stupid question)

Well if you make it so that when she jumps she doesn't go into her spin frames (forgot the S_Skin command for that) That she will go into her falling frames when she jumps, no SOC required. Other than that you're going to need someone else's help for the SOC. And have you not found a good shade to replace that purple shadow? Because that seriously needs changed.

You can't SOC much to do exclusively with double jump, slowfall or superfloat because they use the same states as whatever your character uses to jump whether it be spinning frames or rise/fall frames. You can't change this at all.

However, if you don't mind affecting all characters, you can make it so she rises off springs using her spin frames, and falls using her falling frames, and give her NOJUMPSPIN = 1.

Dr.Pepper said:
That actually looks better now, I like it!

As for the hover thing, I don't think it can be changed to do that right now. You'd just have to use what you have.

Also, BLZEF5 and BLZEG5 are the same frame.

I'll Begin said:
You can't SOC much to do exclusively with double jump, slowfall or superfloat because they use the same states as whatever your character uses to jump whether it be spinning frames or rise/fall frames. You can't change this at all.

However, if you don't mind affecting all characters, you can make it so she rises off springs using her spin frames, and falls using her falling frames, and give her NOJUMPSPIN = 1.
Doh! I feel dumb for asking this much out of socs. I thought it was possible since the Flame the Hedgehog WAD was able to switch on his spin frames while falling. (But I couldn't ever tell if it broke other characters though, I have a feeling it does since that soc was in a MAINCFG lump, but that can be changed) I just might have to improvise without socs like everybody here has been trying to tell me to do all this time. Maybe she should thok and leave a custom thok trail, like her jump step move? *shot*
SonicTheDalek said:
That actually looks better now, I like it!
I'm glad you approve of it, it shall be seen in the Beta, thanks again for the excellent Character selection pic, SonicTheDalek.
SonicTheDalek said:
Also, BLZEF5 and BLZEG5 are the same frame.
Lol, I didn't even notice that, I'll fix it when I can.
nitro_the_hedghog said:
And have you not found a good shade to replace that purple shadow? Because that seriously needs changed.
Finished doing just that last night Nitro. Some of the shadow next to her muzzle has to remain, so that didn't change, but everywhere else has been replaced with blue as it should have been in the first place.
Edit in response to nitro's Edit in the post below:
You're right nitro, I shouldn't try so hard and be so trigger happy with the edit button, I might end up making a terrible mistake I can't edit my way out of.

I think it'd be better if she just had hover with nojumpspin = 1
EDIT: Also, don't try so hard to keep a good reputation, you're doing fine. If you try too hard it'll end up bad.

I think the reason why her eyes don't seem that good is because they're joined together, as with Sonic, yet Blaze is not supposed to have her eyes joined together.

4 posts in a row that have blazes character select pic. >.>
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

nitro_the_hedghog said:
I think it'd be better if she just had hover with nojumpspin = 1
Given SRB2's current limits, I've decided her ability will remain as it is until 1.1 can possibly offer some extra functionality for the hover ability.
nitro_the_hedghog said:
Fixed gem and fluff.
I like that better, Nitro, thanks for fixing the fluff and eyes.
Monster Iestyn said:
I think the reason why her eyes don't seem that good is because they're joined together, as with Sonic, yet Blaze is not supposed to have her eyes joined together.
Actually, in an attempt to give Blaze a closer appearance to SRB2's style, I decided that her eyes not be completely separated. Why would I do that you ask?
If you'll notice, Tails' and Knuckles' eyes are joined together in classic/retro Sonic games, while in later Sonic games, their eyes were separated. In order for Blaze to fit into SRB2's style, her eyes need to be together at least somewhat. That's my logic anyway, but if this is a big issue, I'll fix it if I can.
While I'm at it, may I ask for an opinion on a certain frame?
PLAYA4A6-1.png

How does her head look? I don't want to release it in the Beta if it looks terrible, and this frame is quite important, as the player will spend maybe half of their time looking at Blaze from this angle.
I forgot to move the hair next to her muzzle down some when I edited SonicTheDalek's character select pic earlier, so I fixed that. That's all I did besides add a little extra shading.
BLZECHAR.png

Lol, I posted the same pic twice in the same post, *shot*.

I liked the eyes on the one that MI posted before Nitro broke the c-c-c-combo.

I have a question: what would this look like in 1.1's pallete?

It would look good.

This wad is impressive. I do like most of the sprites, however, Blaze's jump is axel jump, not front flip unless you are referring it from Sonic Next-Gen. Same goes to spindash. Also you might want to tone her speed down a bit. Remember, she's not as fast as Sonic on foot, only in the air.

The Burning Form sprite (first Super sprite) is awesome. I hope you finish this, since this would be great to use now, and when in 1.1 when the palettes are all together.

I'll Begin said:
I liked the eyes on the one that MI posted before Nitro broke the c-c-c-combo.
Oops, I didn't notice the difference in the eyes in the flood of pic edits, fixed that in my last post. It looks better now.
I'll Begin said:
I have a question: what would this look like in 1.1's pallete?
I'm currently finding the right shade of purple in 1.1's palette from the wiki, most of the purples are too dark for Blaze surprisingly. :P Once I find the right colors in 1.1 for Blaze, I plan on recoloring all of the graphics(once their finished) to the final palette and archiving them until SRB2 1.1's release. I'll repost the character selection pic and Blaze's front standing frame with 1.1 palette colors once I find the right ones, so everybody can get an idea of what she'll look like in 1.1, how does that sound?
Btw, nobody's said anything about that standing frame I posted, is it so horrible looking that isn't worth speaking of? If so, I'll take this silence as a yes and try to remake it again.
Hyperknux said:
This wad is impressive. I do like most of the sprites, however, Blaze's jump is axel jump, not front flip unless you are referring it from Sonic Next-Gen. Same goes to spindash. Also you might want to tone her speed down a bit. Remember, she's not as fast as Sonic on foot, only in the air.
I'm glad you like it Hyperknux. I'm a big fan of your Chaos Twilight map pack. Btw, any idea on when the next beta is going to be released?
I would have done something about the jumping a long time ago, but like I said before, SRB2's current limits won't allow her to jump using her spin frames and hover using her falling frames at the same time, hopefully, 1.1 might fix that.
I have toned her speed down a bit, but the difference isn't very noticeable. How does a speed of 32 rather than 35 sound?
Hyperknux said:
The Burning Form sprite (first Super sprite) is awesome. I hope you finish this, since this would be great to use now, and when in 1.1 when the palettes are all together.
I'm glad you like the Burning Blaze sprites, those are done btw, expect to see them in the beta. As long as the real world doesn't get in the way, I have the motivation to finish the WAD, I lo...uhh, I mean like Blaze too much to give up on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back