Is Halo overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I can't say because Halo was the first shooter that I was allowed to play. Then I set my standards around that. (I played Syphon {sp) Filter 2 when I was six and I didn't get to play it for very long)

Ah, I remember when I used to defend this game with all my heart and might because it was my first FPS. It was the only FPS game that I owned, and had tried that wasn't a steaming pile of crap (Which was most of them at the time).

While it isn't really all that bad, it surely is overrated. The first one was great becuase it was original at the time, and it introduced cool environments and a nice balance in gameplay. It took the player to a strange new world.Halo 2 and 3 however, they seemed to be more focused around the multiplayer, while neglecting the storyline in the process which made the singleplayer aspect needing something to be desired.

Halo 3 didn't really introduce anything new to the gameplay (such as halo 2 did), and it wasn't the most original game at the time of release. The reason I believe which caused the game to be overrated is the many legions of fanboys who had been following it from the beginning.
Also, the multiplayer is as fun as hell on XBOX live, as long as you're willing to try new and crazy meathods of strategy.

Fyrus said:
fox boy said:
halo is not overrated. mario on the other hand....different story.

This doesn't make sense for several reasons. Mario is a mascot, so yeah he's got a huge reputation. But most of his games are very good. I havent seen a mario game I didn't like so far.
i think his games are cool but i mean do you really like seeing a fat, old, plumber fighting a giant lizard who after he beats rescues a princess who's young enough to be his daughter?

I pose something Mystic said a while back, which I completely agree with:

Mystic said:
Halo is exceedingly popular because it introduced networked FPS multiplayer to a large number of players. As a game, it's honestly rather average, but simply because it was the game that got people into shooting their friends on a LAN or over the internet, it's exceedingly popular. After all, multiplayer first person shooters are exceedingly fun, and everyone has a soft spot for the first one they really got into. I love Goldeneye far more than the game deserves for that reason as well.

fox boy said:
Fyrus said:
fox boy said:

This doesn't make sense for several reasons. Mario is a mascot, so yeah he's got a huge reputation. But most of his games are very good. I havent seen a mario game I didn't like so far.
i think his games are cool but i mean do you really like seeing a fat, old, plumber fighting a giant lizard who after he beats rescues a princess who's young enough to be his daughter?

You really aren't getting what I'm saying. His image has changed over the years, but his games are amazing. And Halo...Well... Its an online FPS. Big ******* deal. Thats not very unique. No, I don't hate halo. In fact, its on my Top 10 games. I'm just saying its got a reputation it really doesnt deserve anymore.

Fyrus said:
fox boy said:
Fyrus said:
fox boy said:

You really aren't getting what I'm saying. His image has changed over the years, but his games are amazing. And Halo...Well... Its an online FPS. Big ******* deal. Thats not very unique. No, I don't hate halo. In fact, its on my Top 10 games. I'm just saying its got a reputation it really doesnt deserve anymore.
like i said i think his games are cool i just don't like the fact that well...:

fox boy said:
do you really like seeing a fat, old, plumber fighting a giant lizard who after he beats rescues a princess who's young enough to be his daughter?

that. i'm not saying his games are bad in fact i own alot of them it's just...that.

You realize the princess is OLDER than him, right? And its not half as absurd as a hedgehog running over 300 mph with a two tailed fox and an echidna that glides, fighting a really fat guy called "Eggman" because hes shaped like an egg.

Fyrus said:
You realize the princess is OLDER than him, right? And its not half as absurd as a hedgehog running over 300 mph with a two tailed fox and an echidna that glides, fighting a really fat guy called "Eggman" because hes shaped like an egg.
that's better than watching a fat guy trying to save a princess who LOOKS young enough to be his daughter from a lizard who wants to merry her i mean at least sonic has some cool characters (not saying any of them are bad on mario).

This is getting us nowhere. Sonic has been going downhill, and mario has been going UP. EOD.

Fyrus said:

Well, I agree it is a bit odd. But Sonic AND Mario have both not been at the top of their game. The only reason sonic is going Down the Tube "no pun intended" is because of all of the unnecessary new characters, stupid plots, and worst of all...HE ISN'T VERY FAST ANYMORE. Sonic has had his ups and downs, but I'll tell you one thing...I'd rather be a Blue Hedgehog any day than an overweight plumber.

Halo 3 Isent much now days, unless you play Online.It used to be overated but now, im still waiting for recon or any other stuf.

Yep, Halo 3 is especially over-rated. It has practically no cussing, violence isn't really much of a major issue...the blood is completely fake! Halo 3 is totally over-rated!

darkness claw said:
Halo 3 is probably a bit overrated, I mean, you almost hear someone mention it no matter where you go. But my favourite is Halo 1, (Which I have on PC) it has a nice feel to it.

Im guilty as charged....

But im not a crazed fan of it though, I just prefer playing online with my friends than playing the story (besides I don't want to deal with the flood again....).

In all honesty, I can't say it's overrated, but a big fad that will die in two years or less.

Though whats saving it would be gamming competitions all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back