Making a Certain SOC and Converting Music & SFX to OGG..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again!
As you all know by now I am still working on my mod, Total Metallix Take Over. while working on this mod, I have been faced with more problems.
1. I wanted to edit the music and make my own sound effects, but I don't know how to convert to ogg. And the wiki wont explain how to do this, which I thought it would, till I read the part about music...
2. I thought it would make the game more interesting if player could thok and home in on eachother as well as enemies items and springs, and just like it happenned in sonic heroes multiplayer mode, have the charactersa bounce off eachother when thocking a homing attack on each other at the same time, I know that I could soc this, but I read about how to do it on the wiki, and I still don't get the whole concept on making the soc the way I want.
3. I wished to make the game more physicaly inclined, eg: in Sonic Ova sonic and metal were running at ful speed into eachother and they both jumped and gathered much greater hieghts, Knuckles could dig and pick things up, and tails could be grounded if something hit his tails... Is there an easy way to do this?
4. Though probably impossible, I was considering trying to port the "objectsurf" physics from sonic and the secret rings to srb2 for my mod,Eg sonic riding on a missile, magic carpet, etc...
5. I was also considering socing Secondary Special abilities, but I have no ideas where to start...
6. How do I soc a boss or an enemie to stay stationairy and blow up when you touch, or stay away from you while attacking?
7. My "Questions" Sound like "My car is broke, fix it..."

And thats all of them...
Please if any of you can help me with my troubles I would be greatful...
And answers alogn the lines of, where I should start or how I should start would be appreciated the most...

1. I wanted to edit the music and make my own sound effects, but I don't know how to convert to ogg. And the wiki wont explain how to do this, which I thought it would, till I read the part about music...
Google

2. I thought it would make the game more interesting if player could thok and home in on eachother as well as enemies items and springs, and just like it happenned in sonic heroes multiplayer mode, have the charactersa bounce off eachother when thocking a homing attack on each other at the same time, I know that I could soc this, but I read about how to do it on the wiki, and I still don't get the whole concept on making the soc the way I want.
No currently known way. Perhaps you could make a harmless enemy capechase the player, might not work though.

3. I wished to make the game more physicaly inclined, eg: in Sonic Ova sonic and metal were running at ful speed into eachother and they both jumped and gathered much greater hieghts, Knuckles could dig and pick things up, and tails could be grounded if something hit his tails... Is there an easy way to do this?
Don't totally understand what you're saying, so I can provide no advice.

4. Though probably impossible, I was considering trying to port the "objectsurf" physics from sonic and the secret rings to srb2 for my mod,Eg sonic riding on a missile, magic carpet, etc...
I wish, I really do, but I can't think of anything without A_RemoteAction.

5. I was also considering socing Secondary Special abilities, but I have no ideas where to start...
Don't get what you're saying here either.

6. How do I soc a boss or an enemie to stay stationairy and blow up when you touch, or stay away from you while attacking?
I think the first problem can be solved using meleestate, which, when nonzero, USUALLY is the enemy's state on contact with the player.
The second is solved with a simple A_SkullAttack before attacking.

Wow, I really didn't notice all those typos, and now the stair builder in srb2doom builder won't work for me anymore...

Also, is it possible to soc the characters to act like they did in sonic chaotix with those rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back