Is it just me, or does an SRB2 server seem boring nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I gotta say, netgames (even mine) are getting a little boring. There's nothing really new. Just a few maps 2.0.1 was fun so was 2.0.4, but by the time 2.0.5/2.0.6 came along SRB2 just didn't seam so fun anymore. Apart from ICE COLUMN ZONE and a few level modifications that only benefit Tails and Knux (I use Sonic) there is nothing new...Srb2 needs some more inventive ideas.

Rome wasn't built in one day. The next release is being constructed, but of course it will take a while.

I think that was more aimed at the community, which is true. The community has had plenty of time to come up with something novel, I have yet to see anything except the usual bat of single/multiplayer levels, nothing really unique.

I think the issue is that most of the really novel SRB2 ideas I've seen in flight are often either underplayed SRB2 EXE mods or WADs that could never dare leave the casual section of the MS that most people probably avoid due to feeling above such kinds of SRB2 gameplay.
Vanilla SRB2 is the most accessible thing to us; in turn we let the same stuff over and over get fed to us (and in my opinion, the best vanilla SRB2 stuff usually isn't hosted very often). Really, SRB2 is still the same game it was for over a decade now, with most of us having just played it so much that it's almost irritating. It's probably less so the content and more SRB2 itself that's making it less entertaining, especially if you lock yourself to the same gamemodes (both official and unoffical) over and over again.
Basically, SRB2's just getting old to you; either that, or you aren't giving it much of a chance to redeem itself.

Same, except I was two days late...

Most Match/CTF stages wouldn't work from 1.09.4 from a gameplay perspective anyways, due to the radical changes in the system.

SMS just seems like he's still butthurt over something, can't really put my finger on it but I guess we must have removed a feature he really loved to abuse or something...

I treat the Master Server as a separate product in that I try to promote its use and 'market' (a very loose definition of market...) it to be used as much as possible, because ultimately I'd love to see a constant flurry of servers, and it'd make my day if I saw that server count hit 100, even 50 would make my day in fact (and I'm the King of Candyland, who lives on Lolly-pop Lane).

Why do you hate SMS so much?

By "your", I assume you're talking about not being able to host anymore? If so, are you using a Wireless Router?

By "your", I assume you're talking about not being able to host anymore? If so, are you using a Wireless Router?
Well I am using a wireless router for my laptop, but i can't HOST or JOIN. Do you know how to fix it? Oh, wait, wait, let me guesse. Don't use a router.

Well, the first thing I'd tell you would be to forward your ports, specifically port 5029. If you already did that and for some reason you can't host any longer, check the associated IP in the configuration of said port forwarding. See if it matches your current IP (the one given to you by your Wireless Router), since it could have changed if you didn't assign a static one to your laptop.

Oh, I see. I only got this laptop last christmass, so i don't think everything is completely ready. I'll try that.

I mean seriously, most of the servers are boring Co-Op with no mods, levels, or characters added. And if there are, they're failish ones like "Flare the Hedgehog", or House2/3/4/5/6.wad. Race seems to be the least popular, which is bad news for me, with race being one of my favorite gametypes. Match is good, but it seems that Meadow Match is the most common map. I'd like to see a match server with a different map, or at least wadded, so it's not bland. It's the same deal with tag, and hide and seek. In my opinion, CTF will stay the same, but it still gets boring after a while. I don't know, maybe it's because 2.0 is too new, and there aren't enough good addons out there. But enough about me, do you feel the same way?

Race is the least favored game type because it's always a Sonic only thokfest, which doesn't appeal to many people(myself included), and any amount of c-lag will severely lower your chances of winning. Adding any sort of custom material will only kick most, if not all of the people in your server, because no one ever has the file that you add. And even if you add a character, or even a levelpack, no one ever wants to play as that chracter, or even play the new levels because they don't like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back