Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Sonic Generations is the newest mainstream Sonic game. It combines both 2D and 3D Sonic gameplays into one by splitting the game into two. You can play as Classic Sonic or Modern Sonic in their own levels. The stages range from Green Hill (Sonic 1) to Planet Wisp (Sonic Colors). The game will launch on November 1st in North America.

Last edited:
This sounds interesting, All of the greatest Sonic Levels in one game! In the gameplay style of Sonic Unleashed as well if I read it right.

Look's like Sega is really wanting to rise Sonic's image back to the olden days of 16-bit sprites and Blast-processing...

Hehe. Once I saw the title of this topic, I said, "Another one?" It figures. The description for the Anniversary is still a little vague. I was also wondering about the next Mario and Sonic game just a few days ago. We'll see if it's more characters, or an improvement.

Hehe. Once I saw the title of this topic, I said, "Another one?" It figures.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking this. They need to stick to one game at a time, not 2, 3 or 4, considering they haven't really accomplished much with one game at a time, let alone multiple.

Okay, good, another game. But really, havn´t they thought of doing a game wich holds all of the relevant previous Sonic games (At least 1 per year) in 1 disk? Blu Ray can hold 50 GB per disk, plus, it can be discompressed in the console (Metal Gear Solid 4 Style), meaning it could hold up to nearly 75 GB of compressed information, I think it´d be able to handle all the games in a single collection.

Unleashed´s gameplay style is pretty much the same as the one in Shadow the Hedgehog (Except for the item pickup), we´ll wait and see how this turns out, some of the ¨good¨ Sonic levels require special mechanics to work.

I really liked the 2D sections of sonic unleashed.
I'd love to see how the emphasis on speed would work with the classic stages.
They've always focused on Platforming more-so then speed. Looping around
Greenhill zone has never been so intense!

In the gameplay style of Sonic Unleashed as well if I read it right.
I'm not sure if I'd like a 2D platformer with slippery controls. If they're going to stick to classic level design, they should stick with classic gameplay.
I don't see how they'd put all of this together, unless it's just some lame collection that you pick your level from, rather than putting everything into one game or something like that.

EDIT: The Sony helping with the project was apparently false information posted on news sites.
They are misquoting the actual leaked document, which never said it was PS3 exclusive. They are speculating about the Sony negotiations, it wasn't actually confirmed.

And more news I found and was posted on Sonic Retro

Seraphinprincess from Sonic Stadium, a member of Sonic Rekei who was also at the expo but did not talk anyone from SEGA but have talked to those that have says that the only details about Sonic Anniversary we have is they're, "going to remake the best levels in Sonic Unleashed/Colors style."

I know this will get mixed reactions but I'm personally happy... >3>
Oh great. Now this is an instant no.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just knew there was a catch to it.

I'll just speculate from the sidelines. As usual, I don't trust anything from SoJ.

Okay, good, another game. But really, havn´t they thought of doing a game wich holds all of the relevant previous Sonic games (At least 1 per year) in 1 disk? Blu Ray can hold 50 GB per disk, plus, it can be discompressed in the console (Metal Gear Solid 4 Style), meaning it could hold up to nearly 75 GB of compressed information, I think it´d be able to handle all the games in a single collection.

Unleashed´s gameplay style is pretty much the same as the one in Shadow the Hedgehog (Except for the item pickup), we´ll wait and see how this turns out, some of the ¨good¨ Sonic levels require special mechanics to work.

No company in their right minds would make a anniversary game featuring all of the major titles in a franchise for PS3 only. Maybe when they wait for consoles that all of them can run Blu Ray discs.

I feel the need to remind you that it is MARIO & Sonic. So it should be "M&S" if anything. To many of us, "S&M" means something entirely different.

Just FYI.

On a side note, really, this isn't the 'return of Sonic', re-releasing old games does not mean a 'return', it means milking the old games of all they're worth.

I expected SA3 thankfully it's not. Well this seems interesting.....guess we will just have to wait and see. Also I don't think the next Mario and Sonic will have to do with the Olympic Games because they already have 2 that deal with Olympic games. Maybe it's different, but like I said we are just going to have to wait and find out.

Didn't the SAME thing happen with Sonic 4? you know...with the random speculation?

I'm not sure if I'd like a 2D platformer with slippery controls. If they're going to stick to classic level design, they should stick with classic gameplay.

Perhaps I should pay attention to what I say... Besides, we have no clue how the game will be. Look at Sonic Colors, it takes multiple gameplay cues and has enhanced them, So chances are Sonic Anniversary's 2D will be way better than Sonic Unleashes.

Anyone remember the rumour of Sonic Gauntlet: Enter Lord Robotnik? If not, you can search it up on Sonic Retro or Google it up.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?355952-SatAM-Video-Game

However, new rumours indicate a SATAM game. Now, remember, kids.... Anyone can fake an ESRB rating, BUT... With this new talk of Robotnik and Gauntlets, it's seeming we SatAM fans might finally get some love packaged with some remakes of previous levels in full 3D (hopeful wishes kicking in).

But remember, if this turns true, they could still.... you know... Do SOMETHING wrong. Don't put it past Sega to SA2 up a SatAM game if it happens.

satam.png

For all we know, that could be another story book title.

Sonic and the A_____ M______. Though Storybook games usually don't see a PS3/360 release.

Hell, there isn't even anything relating to it being a Sonic game in the screencap. It's probably not even legit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back