Jetty Syn SOC Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJames19119

Why did they remove Grey
I'm trying to make new Jetty Syn like enemies but I'm having problems.

What I'm trying to do is give Jetty Syns turret fire (Muahahaha) but when I do the proper SOC the Jetty Syn ends up firing about 1 second worth of turret fire, moves for a very brief split second then freezes for the fire again. I also want to note that I did this long long ago sadly and lost the SOC code for it but I assume not much has changed.

Also, one general Jetty Syn question; does the Speed variable control it's horizontal speed or vertical speed?

15 Day Bump Yay

Bumping in hopes that someone might help me now...I kinda wish I put this in editing as it might have gotten a better audience.

Try just replacing A_JetgShoot with A_TurretFire.

And the speed value adjusts the horizontal speed.

Sorry to be a bother but how would I go about setting it? I tried setting it on a JettySyn bomber and I rendered it unable to drop bombs rather than making it go faster. :|

Well, the default speed is 65536 (1*65536)... just go from there, I guess..

Okay, I realized why the Jetty-Syn bomber wasn't releasing bombs anymore, when I try to recreate the thing in an SOC, it's raisestate is no longer 67 - MT_MINE but 67 - S_POSS_RUN...how do I fix that?

I'm also having trouble with the turret fire, how would I set a delay between when it fires the turret bullets? Because at the moment, it seems to just fire it nonstop...

Find out what object # MT_MINE is and set it to that.

There is no delay between firing turretfire. If you just want to shoot one of them, use A_FireShot and pass the MT_TURRETFIRE object # as var1.

It's already set to the object number MT_MINE is set to but it assumes it's using a STATE number rather than an OBJECT number, so nothing really happens when it's raisestate is called.

Try it in the SOC Editor by copying the Jetty-Syn bomber to a free slot, you'll know what I mean.

JJames19119 said:
It's already set to the object number MT_MINE is set to but it assumes it's using a STATE number rather than an OBJECT number, so nothing really happens when it's raisestate is called.

Try it in the SOC Editor by copying the Jetty-Syn bomber to a free slot, you'll know what I mean.

Well, that's OK if it lists a state instead of a thing #. The number is what counts. The SOC editor is just trying to guess what you're trying to use it for. Since it is "raisestate", it lists the state that number corresponds to, whether that is intended to be used as a state or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back