• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Knux Skin Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkman90

I am not sure if it really interests anyone, but I am working on remaking the Knux Skin. No, I AM NOT making new sprites, I am just changing the ones that are already made, so don't thank me for anything, these are NOT MY SPRITES, I just changed them. Here are some samples of what I have done so far:
http://www.zcworld.net/filemanager/Users/Linkman90/My Sprites/Knux Skin Remake/
They images are BMPs, but they are VERY small, so don't worry about loading them. ;)

Questions? Comments?

Meh...
*too lazy to make wad for small amount of frames*
How does it work with alternate colors?

From SPMoves
This is a small conversion of Jason the Echidna from SPMoves to SRB2 1.09, which should've been done a long time ago. It replaces Knuckles' character select entry and everything, the only two problems with it are as follows:
  • The end of level sign is still that crappy "CLEAR!" sign as I did not wish to muck with it.
  • Quite a few frames have small red dots on the gloves and the only way this could be fixed would be to export the said frames and recolor those pixels by hand.
And I made this all in less then 20 minutes. Just so you know. (The link will die soon, sorry. :))

I am probably going to include my version in SRB2JTE regardless, but you may add it to 1.09.1 if you wish. Or you can put in some odd hybrid of mine and Linkman's, it's all good...

In any case, it'd be nice to not need to be on the red team in CTF in order for Knuckles to look cool.

Either way JTE, I am still doing this, mainly to get rid of the red on his knuckles, and to fix the face color. ;)

No, I'm gonna do that later. This is just what I could throw together in under 20 minutes :P
I will pwn you when I have the time, but right now this is what I have.

No offense, but you did ignore most of this topic's contents, didn't you?

Anyway, I think it's cool to have some friendly competition around here that doesn't have to do with just maps. (Or avatars, for that matter :P)

Yeah, except for the fact that I'm really too busy to 'compete'. I would love to be able to kick all your butts at the things you're best at, but there simply aren't enough of me.

In fact, since I posted the Knuckles wad in the first place, I have only managed to fix a single frame. :( I'll get around to it eventually... ... ...
But hey, at least mine is "complete", in the sense that it is usable!...

Anyway, the only work I actually DID on it in the first place was make the skin use the red range rather then the dark red range, of course. :P

Well, I DO have a usable wad, but it is not worth looking at since not that many frames are done yet. I only made it to see how it looked in game. ;)

Hey guys, I have an update here, here are what some of the sprites look like in game. :D

srb20005.gif

srb20006.gif

srb20007.gif

Enjoy. :D

Geez, someone remove those annoying white dots and I'll be fine with Knuckles for now.

I am working on that too, but that will take some time, cause it is a pain in the butt. You may notice that on the last one, there is no white outline. ;)

That looks exactly like what I did with mine, except I didn't bother with the pain animation yet. You see, I decided that it wasn't worth bothering to go any further with the Knuckles we have now at this point, it would be far easier and better and prettier to simply start from scratch with a new model and everything, maybe the Sonic Heroes one. Which is easier, taking 180 screenshots of another model and moving it into different positions each time, or doing what Linkman's doing? I'd say the former is both easier and would produce better results, thus I have decided to stop continuing my work on Knuckles. I have enough to deal with, SRB2 Universe and JTEBots aside, my desire to do other things overwhelming me... Don't worry though, I will not abandon SRB2JTE just yet... There's still one last beta to release...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back