• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Scripts, scripts, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTE

Code:
// Crappy Matrix script by Jason the Echidna
//
// Only works in OpenGL, and OpenGL's coloring thing for this stuff sucks.
// Works better in the SDL version of Srb2. Does nothing more then change
// the colors to look cool and green. May put the user at a big disadvantage.

// Constants //
gr_fogcolor 006400;
gr_fogdensity 480;

// Aliases //
alias +matrix "gr_fog 1; gr_gammared 30; gr_gammagreen 127; gr_gammablue 30; bind q -matrix"
alias -matrix "gr_fog 0; gr_gammared 127; gr_gammagreen 127; gr_gammablue 127; bind q +matrix"

// Reset and binding //
-matrix
bind q +matrix
Glitches with it cannot be fixed (I made a wad that edits the palette instead: Matrix Palette. It has no bugs but may be slightly incomplete and must be added with -file). Do as you will with it. Probably works with 1.08 as well (for the most part).

How to use: Put it in a file. Exec the file in Srb2. Press Q.

Post your own scripts here if you like. A general scripting topic like this is probably a good idea, right?... We have lots of scripts nowadays, and plenty more are coming, what with script-executing linedef execs and cecho and all now.

Code:
gr_fogcolor 006400; 
gr_fogdensity 480; 

alias +matrix "gr_fog 1; gr_gammared 30; gr_gammagreen 127; gr_gammablue 30;" 
alias -matrix "gr_fog 0; gr_gammared 127; gr_gammagreen 127; gr_gammablue 127;" 

bind q +matrix

This is probably more efficient, but I have no copy of SRB2 to test it out ATM.

That looks exactly the same except without the comments or the initial -matrix that resets the colors in case it was set to matrix mode the last time you quit. Either way the wad pwns it. Try the script in MKB1 instead of GFZ or THZ, the grass textures being already green anyway make it not look as cool >.>

Jason the Echidna said:
Code:
// Crappy Matrix script by Jason the Echidna
//
// Only works in OpenGL, and OpenGL's coloring thing for this stuff sucks.
// Works better in the SDL version of Srb2. Does nothing more then change
// the colors to look cool and green. May put the user at a big disadvantage.

// Constants //
gr_fogcolor 006400;
gr_fogdensity 480;

// Aliases //
alias +matrix "gr_fog 1; gr_gammared 30; gr_gammagreen 127; gr_gammablue 30; bind q -matrix"
alias -matrix "gr_fog 0; gr_gammared 127; gr_gammagreen 127; gr_gammablue 127; bind q +matrix"

// Reset and binding //
-matrix
bind q +matrix
Glitches with it cannot be fixed (I made a wad that edits the palette instead: Matrix Palette. It has no bugs but may be slightly incomplete and must be added with -file). Do as you will with it. Probably works with 1.08 as well (for the most part).

How to use: Put it in a file. Exec the file in Srb2. Press Q.

Post your own scripts here if you like. A general scripting topic like this is probably a good idea, right?... We have lots of scripts nowadays, and plenty more are coming, what with script-executing linedef execs and cecho and all now.

what exactly does this do?

Ritz said:
It makes the game look... Matrixy.

"Matrixy" huh? Cool.

I made my own autoexec script, complete with codes, but works best with 1.08

Neon Palette
Not a script, but it is the indirect result of my experimental Matrix wad, which was a result of the Matrix script which was a result of "ZOMG GREEN GREENS!!!1!1!".
As with the Matrix palette wad, this must be loaded with -file upon loading SRB2 and not addfile in-game in order to actually DO anything.
It makes everything look like a neon sign and does so rather beautifully. It screws up CEZROCK and makes CEZ1 and 2 hard to see in general as well as some darker portions of the Mystic Realm, but I think it's kickass all the same. Definately a must-see.

I will probably use this palette elsewhere, if you know what I have in mind...

I must insist that more people at least try the neon wad. Seriously. I would post pictures or something, but they'd all be bigger then the wad itself and wouldn't be able capture everything even if I were to take a million screenshots to show everyone. Play Mystic Realm with it if you want to see how it affects all the different textures in all kinds of lighting and whatnot... Really! It's great AND small!

Oh yeah, made this ... What, yesterday?
Code:
alias +cechohair "cam_speed 1.0; cam_dist 192; cam_height 0; cechoflags 4194304; cechoduration -1; cecho x; alias cechohairtoggle -cechohair;"
alias -cechohair "cam_speed 0.25; cam_dist 128; cam_height 20; cechoflags 0; cechoduration 175; cecho; alias cechohairtoggle +cechohair;"
alias cechohairtoggle "+cechohair"
It's a third-person crosshair-type thing. Fairly inaccurate sometimes, but it's the best you'll get without programming changes. Make sure to change the stuff in -cechohair to whatever defaults you use and change the "cecho x" to whatever you want the crosshair to look like. I currently use "-o-".
Um... Based on an idea by somebody or other... I'm pretty sure it was Hotdog's, but I spontaniously decided to fix it and update it and make it as perfect as I could.
Bind a key to +cechohair and another to -cechohair or just bind one to cechohairtoggle to have one key toggle it on and off. Easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back