[Open Assets] Invincibility sparkles! (MD2 Model)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

Coming to SRB2, the first ever Invincibility sparkles MD2!
IhdXt2w.png

NEW UPDATE AS OF 24/03/2014
Now the stars shrink and grow while rotating like the sprites do! Attachment has been updated!

Attachments

• srb20075.jpg
    srb20075.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 1,582
  • srb20085.jpg
    srb20085.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,527
  • InvincibleSparklesV2.rar
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,422
Last edited:
This is quite simple, but it works. I'd quite like to see a complete md2 pack that replaces all of the sprites in SRB2 with a consistent style one day, but that's a crazy pipe dream really.

I once made invinicbility sparkles, but mine were like the Hyper Sonic sparkles from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. These seem to be in the style of SRB2. I might try them out later when I get to my laptop where I have SRB2 on.

I will be updating this to have more for the animation than just rotating. As in, the shrinking and growing that the stars do while rotating.
EDIT:
New update! Version 2 is here!
There is now a shrinking and growing animation for the stars to look even more like the sprites!

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a bump but...
What size do I put in md2.dat?
Or will 3.0 work like all the other md2 models?

Sorry if this is a bump but...
What size do I put in md2.dat?
Or will 3.0 work like all the other md2 models?

Whenever I don't put any co-ordinates, it's always 3.0 0.0. I need to make sure i give the co-ordinates next time.

I believe those may be by Virt The Fox. Then again, Jeck Jims did have a modern MD2 pack that he took off during the final days of 2.0.6.

Nope, they're made by Ashnal. Well, the models aren't, they're from Sonic Heroes. But he animated and released them a long time ago, back in the 1.09 days. I only managed to get them again because of that Sonic fan game which happened to have those models, and the same animations too.

Edit: I found what I was looking for by typing in Srb2 MD2s on Youtube, Thanks for your help though!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back