Double Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
It's starting to get out of hand, so let me teach you about a fun little button. It's a well kept secret, so don't tell ANYONE.
icon_edit.gif

Do us all a favor and use the edit button when you have something to add to a post.
Unless you have a REASON for double posting (an update to your current project is usually a good reason), don't double post.

Please and thankyou.

Edit: Also, if you are the last poster in the current topic, there is also an
icon_delete.gif
at the top corner of your post. You can use this to delete your post if you double-posted by mistake.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Yay! another rule enforced upon n00bs!

EDIT: OOOOOOOH... LOOK SEE??? IM EDITING *mauled*

Lmao, that's funny. Yeah this is a good topic. Should be stickied? :?

There is one thing slipping.
Double Posts are also permited on a following ocasion:
1-A member of the forum creates a release.
2-The views are a big number but there seems to be no replys!
3-That member can send another post saying something like: "Coment, please..."
In short: One can double post if it is to warn people that there is a topic there and if nobody responded in a week or more.
Another post makes the topic swing back to the first.
It happened to me once. :)

I'd have to disagree there. That's just considered bumping, which I don't personlly think is a good idea. If people didn't answer the first time, they won't answer the second or third.

So, unless I'm mistaken, double posting should scarcely be used other than for when your previous post was made a while back, and you're about to announce something that someone cares about on the subject? Like so: If I were to make a good update to my Bomberman wad in the thread that hasn't been posted to in months, would people have much of a right to complain? Not really, right? =P

If I'm correct, then I'm already in the groove of this.

Legitimate reasons to bump or double post in a topic:

1. Updating a project. For instance, I double post in my Mystic Realm topic when I was the last person to reply and I post a new update.
2. Occasionally, you might want to bump a topic to determine if a project is dead or not. Make sure the user working on the project is still around before doing so, and hasn't said they canned the project and it's been a while. At least two months, preferably three. Here is an example of doing this properly: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=1954&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
3. To ask a question or about something that has been dead for a while. For instance, if you've been playing a level that was released a month ago and you find a new issue not covered in the topic or have a question about it, it is legitimate to post in the original topic. No reason to make a new topic when there is already a perfectly good one.

Otherwise, you really shouldn't be double posting in any topic, ever. If you need to add more information to your post, use the edit button.

Well, we could, DiRtY_YoShI, but double posting isn't exactly against the rules right now. Recently we haven't had too many double posters. I bet it'd become a rule once it gets out of hand again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back