Post your pics/art here!

Looks like it is gonna eat me alive... .-.
But I do like the spider eyes, and I think it would look good in a cave.

As for the question on my map, everything there is in UDK from the start, I've just been messing around with the items and level maker.

OilRefinery-StartingArea.png

OilRefinery-TheBridge.png

Trying out another theme in UDK, this time it's a Oil Rig/Refinery that is burning up, the bridge in the second screenshot will break apart when stepped on, as a cool feature for the level. It also has hurting flame jets!

Wow, it has been a long time since I uploaded a pic!

Inspired by Elfen Lied:
Untitled-2.jpg
Inspired by a pic I saw on Youtube (One of the Trance music vids with anime)
Untitled-3.jpg
An original by me
Untitled-4.jpg
An original by me: Princess Ivia
Untitled-11.jpg

Last edited:
They all look the same and suffer from "completely front view anime fandrawing" syndrome. There's no depth to them and their body parts look scary, to say the least.

Last edited:
They all look the same and suffer from "completely front view anime fandrawing" syndrome. There's no depth to them and their body parts look scary, to say the least.

I agree with this pretty wholeheartedly, it really does look exactly like all the other art you've posted in the channel. In every one the face is awfully sallow, the chin is spiky, and it's always a generic anime girl. Don't you ever draw any guys at least?

Oh wow. Do you have a larger size of that? I think I want it for my desktop.

I was just about to post this exact same thing, and then I saw you already had done it.

So yeah, feel honored Ultimate. :p
The contrast is perfect, and the shafts of lighting give it the perfect dreamy feeling. You've done a nice job!

They all look the same and suffer from "completely front view anime fandrawing" syndrome.

I agree. I have trouble drawing things in other perspectives, but I do have one I drew a while back that is a side view. In terms of depth and shading, I started shading some of my drawing, but not enough to get the depth you are looking for. At very least, I think there is some improvement over the last ones I drew a year ago.

Picture+009.jpg

while i'm here why not post some of my latest art myself to prove i'm not full of hot air

tumblr_msxpbwHPY11rr3dp2o1_500.jpg

haven't drawn much else since school started back up

Thank you Charyb!
----------
Here are two pictures I took of some insects, a cicada, and a praying mantis. The praying mantis I just saw outside about 40 minutes ago. Also, it might have been dead, I'm not sure. It didn't move the slightest bit, even with my phone right up next to it. The cicada was just a shell stuck on a tree. Regarding the cicada picture, nfortunately, I have pretty shaky hands when it comes to photo-taking, so it's a little blurry. Because of that, I'll leave the cicada under spoiler tags.

a_hollow_shell_by_uitimate-d6l9nqk.jpg
praying_mantis_by_uitimate-d6mjejv.jpg

Last edited:
Moon picture is now my desktop background. Ultimate, this picture captures lots of things I can't put into words. Let's just say I love it :D

Ultimate, that does look pretty nice, I set it as my phone BG immidietely and probably won't change it for a while. Fit the screen like a glove.

Thank you Ice! Both of you :P! I really can't believe how much you guys like that one, I'll try to make another drawing soon!
-------------
Here's something a bit different, the first part to a story I'm writing! It is actually related to "The Moon" picture that I drew above! It's kind of fantasy and dark. It's really not like anything I've read before, and it incorporates a lot of things I've seen in dreams. Anyways, here's a link to it in PDF form. It's much nicer than the text version below! Also, make sure to read past the blank page if you get the PDF.

Prologue

Cold. That was the first sensation she felt. The dry, frigid shapes of dust and dirt pressed against the side of her cheek. Despite the numbness in her face, it seemed as though she could feel each and every grain that pressed against her. Even those too small to see. An entire world just sitting there beneath her, a world that no one but her would ever know. She lay there for a moment, not thinking anything at all – content.

It was a nice kind of cold.

“I’m outside.” she thought, as she rolled onto her back, her arm brushing against blades of grass, still wet with dew. She opened her eyes. Suddenly, pain shot through her. From every crevace in the depths of her mind, she felt it, like a screeching that pierced her consciousness. It came from somewhere far away, somewhere deep inside her. But it was gone in an instant. Perhaps she had never really felt it. Either way, it didn’t really matter. Nothing did.

As the feeling of that pain faded into hollow memory, her vision began to come back to her. But as her sight returned, the world only seemed to grow darker. Despite the cold touch of air around her, the sounds of her own breathing, the light from the night sky above, there was nothing. No sense of sight, or hearing, or touch, or time. It was as if all her being had become...Emptiness would be the best way to describe it. A complete and utter sense of being alone. No one would find her. No one would call her name. How could they? No one would know she was missing, because no one had ever known she was alive.

She dug her hands into the bare ground beneath her, slowly pulling herself out of the lifeless dirt that, up until just a few minutes ago, she seemed to be very much a part of. Her neck and body were stiff and sore. She felt as if she had been lying there for far too long.

She wanted to run, to get away from this place. To where? Away. Anywhere was better than this place. This place that seemed even more still than death. So she ran. It was hard at first, her legs didn’t want to move. But then they wouldn’t stop, they were taking her further and further away. Maybe too far. Through trees and fields, past stones and hills. None of them familiar. None of them of any comfort. She finally stopped because she was tired – not of running, but because every new sight she saw the same as the rest – meaningless.

She looked up at the sky – stars. Lots of them. Had they been watching her as she slept? She felt that they had. It seemed to her that the stars were crying, wailing because they had lost something very important. It wasn’t a cry that she heard with her ears, but with every essence of her being. In her heart, her blood, her veins. She could feel a horrible sorrow growing within her, and it was reflected in all that was in this world.

It was then that she noticed the moon – it was beautiful, terrifyingly so. And all the stars in the sky seemed to be connected to it in some way, centered around it. It was as though the moon was pulling everything into itself.

And one by one, the stars began to vanish from the sky. In their place was left darkness. It was as if all existence was being swallowed whole. And as the last stars burned away, she felt as though she too had disappeared, some time long, long ago.

---

Underneath a crimson night sky, a child was sleeping.
And as she lay there, she dreamt of a world far away. A wonderful place.

In that place was a world with twisted shadows and blinding light.
A space with a sky so endless that it seemed to swallow up all existence.
Strewn from an endless dusk were stars whose hollow flames scorched the sky with sorrow.
And in the center of it all, drifting forever along, was one who watched it all.

And she laid there – the girl, frozen in time.
Sleeping underneath a pale, shrieking, moon.

--

Last edited:
Hah, sasuketo, this is going to sound really weird, but I was listening to "Ticks and Leeches" by Tool, and when I scrolled down to your picture is when the singer screamed. Hahaha, it fit so well! I love that seagull!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back