Fixed Pipe Towers Bouncing Bug(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

77J1M0R.gif
In Pipe Towers, when bouncing on one of these mushroom things you will stop, no matter how high you have bounced, if you land a bit too much off the center.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a really sad bug with a long history.

You know how sometimes when you're going through the DSZ2 block maze and sometimes you completely phase through one of the blocks? That was actually an attempted hotfix for an earlier incarnation, where going through it randomly killed all your momentum because it detected a wall but not a breakable FOF responsible for it.

These edge cases (har di har har) are a pain, and they've been around for a long time. Hopefully they CAN be fixed but I have heard a lot about how difficult that would likely be.

j2JQNih.png

I wonder how many times this broken code was copypasted around the source

This appears to be fixed, but I won't mark the thread until this is merge-accepted. The mushrooms don't make noises when you bounce on their edges, but that's handled in an entirely different part of the code so. If you know how to compile .exe's maybe you can give testing this out a shot? I'd upload my own, but I don't have a filehost of my own and all free filehosts for non-image-formats are terrible, forever.

j2JQNih.png

I wonder how many times this broken code was copypasted around the source

This appears to be fixed, but I won't mark the thread until this is merge-accepted. The mushrooms don't make noises when you bounce on their edges, but that's handled in an entirely different part of the code so. If you know how to compile .exe's maybe you can give testing this out a shot? I'd upload my own, but I don't have a filehost of my own and all free filehosts for non-image-formats are terrible, forever.

the Appveyor built-bot hosts 7z archive of Win32 EXEs, here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back