Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is far easier to have a blanket restriction on all graphical modification rather than picking and choosing which ones to restrict.

If XWE can find out what type of graphic the lump is, so can SRB2. After that, it's just a matter of
If [lumpname]!=[restricted graphic]

ANY graphical modifications could be used to cheat. There's really no method to fix it. As I said, it's easy (and a frequently common cheat method) to change all the textures to a single color, remove all the scenery, and make the other players really bright. we don't need such a cheating method in the basic EXE, thanks.

Eblo the Hedgehog said:
Chrispy said:
Make the ultimate cheat give you an error message stating your computer suxorz and it can't handle it.
How about we make the Ultimate Cheat actually do something, eh?

I guess you haven't played Srb1.
Srb1 has the same option and does the same thing.
I guess Sonniku wanted to make a joke or something
It a way of saying to me "Srb2 is in fact a sequel of Srb1" (All so the title gave it away)
So,I say keep it the way it is.

ZeldaGamer00 said:
Advanced looppoint-ing.
The song would start from the beginning of the music lump until it ran into the LOOPEND point, then it'd start again from the LOOPSTART point, then it'd keep playing until it hits LOOPEND and it would start again from LOOPSTART, Etc. If LOOPSTART isn't defined, it will start from the beginning of the lump.
I think SRB2 can already do that, check the Wiki:
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Sound_and_Music_Tutorial#Looping_--_a_bonus_for_using_digital_music

Ah yes, but that is only a end point, not a start point. My idea lets songs have a intro, go into the main loop and stay in the main loop WITHOUT playing the intro again.

No, I'm pretty sure there's a start point, too. In fact, I'm not sure if there even IS an end point. Maybe THAT could be the new feature, though I couldn't understand why it'd be useful.

fawfulfan said:
No, I'm pretty sure there's a start point, too. In fact, I'm not sure if there even IS an end point. Maybe THAT could be the new feature, though I couldn't understand why it'd be useful.
The current LOOPPOINT is only a loop end, not a start.
A few of the main reasons my idea could be useful for would be smoother music looping, the ability to play a song's intro only once instead of every loop and more professional sounding music looping. (Not the song itself sounding more professional, just the looping.)

Blade said:
He's an idea to make race mode better.

HANDICAP <playername> <Number>
The higher the number, the slower. Defaults to 0, other than the Host, who starts with 2. This why, while the others have C-Lag, the host is slower. This would also effect actionspeed, so thokking would be slower. Negative numbers INCREASES top speed. The host cannot have negative numbers, as it would be unfair.

Wait, Is this for the host only or for everybody?
I know some "sore losers/cheaters" that would make this unfair and make others slower on purpose.

ZeldaGamer00 said:
fawfulfan said:
The current LOOPPOINT is only a loop end, not a start.
A few of the main reasons my idea could be useful for would be smoother music looping, the ability to play a song's intro only once instead of every loop and more professional sounding music looping. (Not the song itself sounding more professional, just the looping.)
No, the current LOOPPOINT is a start, and there's no reason for an end - you just cut off the MP3 where you want it to loop in an external program.

jet said:
How about sub-bosses. For an example a giant crawla with multiple health must be destroyed to pass on to the next area. Things like giant jetysyns and giant buzzes would work too.
Giant=/=Hard

It would probably actually be easier, because they have a huge hitbox.

Also, multiple health doesn't make anything harder either.

It doesn't have to be harder just in most popular Sonic games there is sub-bosses.

It shouldn't just be some mandatory subboss that's just a larger enemy; a larger buzz is no more threatening than a normal buzz. What I'd like to see is a more combatant version of an enemy as an act 1 boss, such as a crawla commander that takes 3-6 hits and has the ability to shoot eggman missiles.

They used to fire in the original game as well. We removed it because it was insanely annoying and cheap.

Or it could be a subboss like in Sonic and Knuckles. That eggpod thingie that has animals inside it. It grows arms and tries to kill you. You have to kill it before you move on so therefore a subboss!

We don't have subbosses in SRB2 because we don't have all the real bosses to begin with. Spriting and coding a boss takes quite a while.

Mystic said:
We don't have subbosses in SRB2 because we don't have all the real bosses to begin with. Spriting and coding a boss takes quite a while.

Is it possible for us to do this ourselves for our own mods?

The reason I ask is because the mod I started working on today kinda relies on that ability to create sort of mini-bosses to complete the levels.

I assume it can be done by using the "all enemies in room destroyed" linedef executor or by flagging the level to end when the boss is destroyed. I haven't tried it myself but I suspect you can do minibosses fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back