Gameplay Strategies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminous

I felt like making this.

Match: Don't lose your last ring! You have ammo but you also have your last health; think strategically. Mouselook + Rail Ring = :) This dominates in match, with right aiming of course. Stafing is a god. Good for dodging those Rail Rings. Fire Shield is epic on unexpected people. Spindash right through the action, small caves, and over wanted objects.

Tag: like people play this

CTF: <insert>Underwater routes and high routes are usually very, very safe. Might be hard getting there, but safety, rings, and shields make it worth it. For the love of God, use sayto. Whats worse, revealing your plan or revealing your flag and flag carrier is? Don't stay still; always move! If someone sneaks on you, you can't use your special to help. (unless you don't have the flag)

Coop: You mean race, right?

Race: Thokking and spin-flying is key. Knuckles' climbing ability won't help there. Take shortcuts, but beware: i's risky. If you can't make time, do something else. Destroy monitors, grab rings, and make it.

I want to hear what you do.

Two things, lol. In CTF, use sayteam, not sayto. Sayteam covers all your teammates. And who plays full race anyways? o_0

True, they should make it so if you time-out, you lose. Even if you won the other categories. But still, Time-only would be better >_>

Use Rail Rings in Match, and try attacking Tails. He's an easy target. Fire Shields are good for Thok-Spinning in the middle of crowds.

Not when I'm the Tails player, he's not. Just ask J-man, he's missed with Rail Rings more times than not while I'm flying high.

Match:
Keep moving, Shoot ten rings at once in all directions and hope one hits. And try to have at least two rings in hand at all times.

CTF:
I'll do this later.

Race:
Thok, Thok, Thok.

Race: Thok. Every second of your life, thok. Dont think; thok.
CTF: When playing as sonic, and you want to thok while holding the flag, throw it and then thok into it in midair.
Match: Mouselook. Every second of your life, mou-*shot*
Tag.I think that knuckles and coloring yourselfe as the wall works wonders. But that only is good when running away from IT. When you are IT, use tails. He can fly to hiding spots.
Coop: I dont like coop online anymore (exept with very hard mode and maybe a chalenging level wad). So no stratagies! =p

Match: If possible, use OpenGL mode and mouse look.
Co-Op: In levels that have multiple buttons or paths (like CEZ 2) split up.
CTF: Have somebody from your team guard your team flag, people like me who can shoot better quick accurate shots when standing still are a good choice for this.

Race:Thokking and hitting the spin button directly after you hit the ground will keep you rolling at the same speed as your thok. A good way to cover ground when jumping repeatedly is not an option.

CTF: Keep an eye on your flag. Form a team strategy for someone to defend, someone to capture, and someone else to give the capturer cover fire.

Match:See Jazz's Guide a few posts above.

ola said:
Race: Thok. Every second of your life, thok. Dont think; thok.
Um... thinking is actually required to get from one place to another quickly. Have you seen sb's speedruns? He thinks before and maybe even during his speedruns, which is why you don't really see him screwing up that much in his videos.

Ontopic:

CTF: If you are protecting the flag: Look everywhere on the map, no matter what. Your opponent could be right behind you and steal the flag, so you have to be alert.
If you are attacking someone with the flag: Keep quiet. Your opponent can hear a lot of your movements. When you are trying to shoot, aim to a spot as to where they are about to go. (Ex: If they are going to the right, shoot farther to the right) Either that, or find a spot where you can rail the flag carrier.
If you are holding the flag, and are playing as Sonic: Toss the flag to yourself. Just toss the flag, and thok to the flag to move faster. This is a good technique to escape attacks. Just make sure you have somewhere to land. If you land into a pit, you'll drop the flag.

In Full Race two of your categories are Rings. If you know you won't die on the level, try collecting and holding on to as many rings as you can to the end, and you'll have won two categories. Then there's Time, Score, and Moniters. If you have a shield, great, go for as many moniters aspossible once you have a bunch of rings. However, if you have eighty rings and no shield, don't bust open every moniter you find unless you're lucky or desperate-you'll get that Eggman one, and then you've lost. Score is easy enough to get, especially on the harder difficulties-unless someone got an armageddon shield, in which case you have problems.

Then there's time. If you're fast enough to collect a bunch of rings and hold on to them through the whole level and finish first, then you've won. Three categories is all you need. And in larger games, maybe just getting the ring categories will win it for you.

Match - HIT. ANYTHING. WHICH. MOVING!
CTF - HIT. ANYTHING. WHICH. MOVING! and using Mouse look+capture the flag.
Race - never playing it because it's stupid.
Coop - playing it only with mysticrealm, n00bhogs, powerdrop, and ringslinger on, so HIT. ANYTHING. WHICH. MOVING! + finishing the levels.
Tag - never playing (sometimes I playing Hide-n-Seek but this gametype can't have strategy)

Custom Gametypes:

KoTH - HIT. ANYTHING. WHICH. MOVING! + Trying to go to score sector.
RTG - like in KoTH + Collecting rings.
Hide-n-Seek - like I said before.

Oh, forgot, I always using mouselook.

Shows how much Hetor knows. :/ Really, these strategies are usually talking about wadless, vanilla SRB2 1.09.4.

Oh, one more.

CTF: Exploit your character. Sonic should flagthok a lot. (Explained) Tails should spindash fly a lot. Even try spindash flying into the flag to float over a level. Keep in mind that you get tired instantly if you pick up a flag while flying. And Knuckles... Forget Knuckles.

Kopper said:
Shows how much Hetor knows. :/ Really, these strategies are usually talking about wadless, vanilla SRB2 1.09.4.

Don't think I'm bad player, I'm good with this "strategy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back