Tiny 2.1 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the control lag being fixed for internet game users? Or is there already a way to stop the control lag in multiplayer?
Sure, either get a better connection, or join a server with less than 150 ping; because I don't get control lag at all. :/

You know, I always wondered about the THZ sky. It never looked "polluted" enough for my tastes. Changing it to orange was a brilliant idea. And all the level changes are pretty sweet too.

Actually, the original sky (from like 1999 or whatever) was orange.

Got a chance to look at some of these changes real quick, and I've got to say they're really awesome. THZ1 feels like when you first locked-on Sonic & Knuckles to Sonic 3 and were playing Angel Island Zone.

Last edited:
Hey just wondering, are there gonna be any new multiplayer levels?
I was going to ask this, but SpiritCrusher already answered it. Although, I still have another question.

Are there going to be any multiplayer updates? I remember a topic made by Mystic was made months ago talking about new ring panels are being added to the game, and that they were being tested. (IIRC, he said one might be only making it)

And what about the other modes? Any changes regarding to them?

Are there going to be any multiplayer updates? I remember a topic made by Mystic was made months ago talking about new ring panels are being added to the game, and that they were being tested. (IIRC, he said one might be only making it)
These are definitely not going to be in 2.1. I have no idea if we'll dig out the idea in the future, as it had potential, but it won't be happening this time.

CEZ now looks interesting, also it seems THZ got a remake over, only it looks by visuals but I am going to guess in the underground area that it looks like it's been expanded.

Although I have a minor question about this preview...

...will our 2.0 gamedata with all the Emblems/Emeralds/Secrets collected work in 2.1? Or do we have to hunt down everything again? Not that I'm complain or anything, as I can always back up my gamedata if I wish to find everything again. >_>

*EDIT*
I notice someone mention that the Item Boxes appears to be changed, and so... upon looking closer at them... wait... they ARE changed, and I think KO.T.E (Or was it Blade?) had those Item Box sprites.
newitembox.png

That would be the Elemental Shield, right?

Last edited:
No offense but, how many percent have been completed?

Ripping some lines from an IRC conversation that happened a while ago...
<@[STJr]Mystic> CEZ1 is done with the exception of an extra path.
<@[STJr]Mystic> CEZ2 is complete for all practical purposes
<@[STJr]Mystic> CEZ3 is still in development. There is a boss that loads up, but is not defeatable because it doesn't have a weak point yet

That good?

Anyways, the new screenshots look nice, but THZ could definetly use some sort of light colormap, along with the metal textures being redone or changed, and the underground areas having a bit better textures that suit it.

I'm reading good things ! My eyes are happy.

The symbol on the monitor looks white (at least clear), it is perhaps the wind shield. But there are also a little blue (even Metallic).

... ideas about the multiplayer ? I can give you ! You can create levels in the maps 86, 87, 88, 89 since they are unused. Players like new levels. For weapons, uh ... it will be difficult to integrate.
- An idea. How does it operate the weapon ? (I don't know...a giant sword ? It can be used quickly (Rail ==> 2 sec between each shoot), cause a important knockback , we can do combo with it, but however, we can use it only in a short range...I don't know.)
- Change levels. Weapons in Lime Forest and other CTF may have to change places.
- It may have just too many weapons ... they must adjust. Add weapons both varied and both must be used undetected ...go go go the brain.
In short, I am for one or two weapons and more, but you have to add them strategically.

You can create levels in the maps 86, 87, 88, 89 since they are unused. Players like new levels.
I'm pretty sure it's been stated before that there are going to be more than 10 maps for each mode in 2.1, mostly with additions from the OLDC. They're going to be moved to the extended map names like the contest uses right now (Match = M1, M2, M3... CTF = F1, F2, F3... Race = R1, R2, R3...).

The new multiplayer stages are all levels you have played before if you have been keeping up with the OLDC. For the most part, match and CTF are unchanged, but there are some minor tweaks to the statistics of some of the weapons. Unless you've been playing SRB2's shooting modes a lot, you won't really notice much of a difference in 2.1 except a dramatically larger roster of stages to choose from.

That's exactly the status as it was three months ago. Work on them more :(

Well, just kidding. Take them at your pace.

I was looking at the pictures originally taken by Mystic and #8 had Knuckles apparently floating. Are those the new Knux gliding sprites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back