Polyobject Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

I'm having a stnage problem with two of my polyobjects.

In my newest level, I so far have three polyobjects: 50, 101, and 102. All of them are set to follow waypoints for sliding back and forth. They're all set up the same (except for the offset that determines the waypoint sequence), but two of them don't even show up, the sector they're in just flashes. What do I do?

Wad: http://sites.google.com/site/metal9...-for-srb2/s_technobase.wad?attredirects=0&d=1

P.S. The final wad will have 4 levels, if you want look at the config. I will ad scenic objects and grass sides to the current map later. Also, there's a sector glitch in one corner that I will fix tomorrow; it's at the end of a slide stream.

I haven't looked at the map yet, but have you merged the surrounding sectors of the PolyObjects with the sector the Spawn Points are in? If you don't, the PolyObjects won't show up.

Take the sectors that make up the polyobjects and flip all the sidedefs.

Also, for the linedef executors that move them, set the X offset to 32 (which I assume is your desired speed for now? Perfectly navigable to me) and the Y offset to the zoom tube track. You seemed to be using the X and Y lengths (which should've been flipped anyway!) instead.

Thanks, they show up now, but just flash at the waypoints for the first polyobject instead of there own. Am I setting the right offset? The way I originally had it was taken from the tutorial-wad and worked just fine for the first one.

(I'll add the new wad later)

EDIT: New wad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back