How to set the "changing color" on an object?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
Well since we released New Horizons, I noticed that the custom boss I made doesn't flash when it gets it, and there was some people who were complaining about that.

So I want to know, how can I set the color that will flash? (Super Sonic's 2.0 yellow here)

I think that's automagically just 32, unable to be defined by the modder. (The completely black colour.) Dunno how it's done for M.S., though, as 239 is the colour that flashes for him/it. So I can't help with this.

Objects with MF_BOSS need MF2_FRET to "flash" after being hit. Most bosses do it by changing color #31 (pure black), though Metal Sonic and Brak in ERCZ have their own ways of "flashing" as such as it happens.

It's all hardcoded though sadly, if you were hoping you could change the colors that flash. Even Lua can't touch them currently!

Objects with MF_BOSS need MF2_FRET to "flash" after being hit. Most bosses do it by changing color #31 (pure black), though Metal Sonic and Brak in ERCZ have their own ways of "flashing" as such as it happens.

It's all hardcoded though sadly, if you were hoping you could change the colors that flash. Even Lua can't touch them currently!

I didn't want to change the flashing color but know how it is setup.
So Where do I have to put MF2_FRET exactly? In the pain state SpriteFrame?

Does your sprite use palette index 31 anywhere? If not, there's nothing to flash.

Also, I vaguely recall setting up the new flashing code for Metal and Brak was a right pain in the posterior; doing it incorrectly caused the code to try and read an array value totally out of bounds and crash the entire EXE. Making that arbitrarily changeable would be a fun time, I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back