Why did you pick your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I firstly started using the username "Eclipse" wich was taken form a random netgame jpeg (sb took it). I then changed to Phantom for the heck of it.

My nickname? Well... it's kinda a long story... maybe not.

"It was that time again where I was a noob, and I had very little knowledge about SRB2 and stuff, so I been thinking about what user nickname should I use.

I wanted to join the forums, so I had to come up with a user name that wasn't taken. At that time I was thinking that most would be called names of Sonic characters.

So I try to come up with a name that wasn't taken, and there... SonicX8000 came into my mind, at first I didn't want it, but after a few minutes I decided to use that name."
-----
To be honest, I kinda want my name to be changed, it's just that I don't know where to ask it correctly, and I think I know what name to use since mostly those in IRC don't call me by my name.

Well, when I first joined the Message boards I went by the name "Knockout The Echidna" sense that was my fan character's nick name, and it still is. but then later on I desided that my nick was to long so I asked one of the admins to change it to KO.T.E. Also, it should REALLY be K.T.E instead of KO.T.E, but I took KO.T.E to make it different then Knuckles' name. (not to mention it gives me the nick name of Coat :P)

Because... I dunno, just because. I got bored with my old nick ("Ree-c"), so I changed it to something I was vaguely interested in at the time ("nagas" - see the avatar?). I stick with it 'cause it kinda describes how I play games online; (it means dragon, snake, and elephant!) I'm a fire belching sneaky thing that strikes when the time is right... but just so happens to be not-so-subtle.

I sometimes use ReissTC (name - initials) if Naga isn't available, or I just feel it's more suitable.

My name is Dante...and EX is just to add the flashiness to it. Like people do with numbers for some reason.

It should be noted that numbers are usually added because the original name is already taken. Furthermore, adding numbers to the end of your name adds the effect of making you look five years younger than you actually are (not a good thing when the average age of the forum is somewhere around 12).

Well, this little nickname goes past my times in the SRB2 community, and I shall tell you how...

This name originated when I gave up my old nickname, Bushido Red, and set out for a different name in a flash game called Stick Arena, so I first went with Bushido Red, name was taken, so I did a few variations of it, still taken. So then, I chose Sciz, but then THAT was taken, so I went with Scizor, taken. The I picked Scizor300, and this is the nickname that you all know and love.

If I would change my nickname, though, it would be Faeron.

Because I'm in idiot, that's why.
No, really, It is.
Should've gone with my middle name. Pheonix is so much cooler.

But, I went to Australia for a month, someone made me an email address, I came back, and couldn't think of a name.

Chose Neon because I used to have a fan made recolor named Neon. (I have changed his appearance.) I just like the name now it sounds like someone who is experienced. Neon the Noble Gas.

Mine's strangely uncomplicated, but anyway:

I was playing a game called 1602 A.D. one day, and had to order another ship built as the AI had just destroyed one. When the game adds a new ship to your fleet, it gives it a random name from a list; this one came out with the name Drake, which can be associated with a type of duck and dragons.

I had been searching for a new name to use on the collective internet and in games by this point, so after considering the dragon angle, Drake stuck. But I wasn't done there.

Knowing Drake by itself was going to be a common name around the net, I decided on a Firstname Lastname angle. My neighbor had been on an Egyptian Gods kick at the time, so I went with Osiris. I'm STILL not certain exactly what he does, but I'd heard he was the god of the dead at one point and the name sounded cool. I thought this name was going to stick for the rest of my life, and for a while, it stuck like glue...

... Then I found Second Life around two and a half years ago. When you sign up, you have to use a Firstname Lastname combo: your first name is whatever you want, and you select your last name from a list that changes every so often as given names get old. You can actually get some catchy combos from this, but I wanted to retain at least part of my existing name.

Osiris, to my knowledge, still is not and never has been in this list, and I'd rather change my name than make it look stupid. (DrakeOsiris Beck?) While scrolling through the names, Spyker popped out and practically hit me like a ton of bricks. It was a change in flow from Osiris, but it still worked well, and I liked the look of it, so I kept it.

Now, it's taken a couple of years, but Drake Osiris gradually fell out of use. I don't use it anywhere anymore except for nostalgia, though both names have served me well: I haven't once encountered a conflict on any website I've used them with, and I doubt I ever will unless someone does it just to spite me.

I don't intend to ever change it again, either.

Last edited:
My nickname is influenced by two things. The obvious part is dratini is my favorite Pokemon, they just so cute ^^

deatini2.gif

Now the god part may seem obvious, but it's not. I originally went by SuperDratini, but, I had problems with that because everywhere I went it was taken. So, me being a person who likes to think uniquely, chose Goddratini. If you Google my nickname, every hit is me.

Heh..."Fawfulfan" brings up about 15,700 hits on Google, and all of the first-page hits are about me. But if you Google my real name, none of the results (the first-page hits, anyway) are about me.

Got it from a stupid game from when I was a stupid child. Said game I was playing, Toontown, had a bunch of silly name presets that all the poor people that didn't have a subscription had to use. Instead of having some long overly drawn out silly name like all the other people, I just chose "Megaboom". The name was usually used in the middle of the various preset name combinations but I just the standalone name. It also had the bonus of being related to explosives and starting with the same letter as my first name. Overall, it's silly and childish but I am still attached to it.

Also the 1 in my name is from some stupid mistake I made that I'm not going to specify at all.

My user name is the result of being bad at naming things. When I first joined the forum, I was in the middle of a major Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 addiction. Unable to think of something original, I typed "time gear".

I later joined YouTube and came up with the username "pmd2lolz" because I was thinking of pmd2 while looking at the awesome face. That one stuck, and too this day when I join things I am called pmd2lolz.

Mine was kinda by mistake. Long story, but to make it short:
When I decided to join the MB and take ''Dark Shadic'', it said that name was already taken. I tried numbers and signs but same message. I got a little fustrated and just said DS and meant to put 2-3 numbers. # was supposed to be number 3 and I didn't mean to space. When I saw my mistake, I accidentally pressed enter. Afterwards, I checked the members list and saw the person who had Dark Shadic included never been on in a long time. *facepalms*.

Last edited:
My reason for my nick is, my first nick was Tyro, and i put o to zi... well that how that happened.. well today i use Tyre too.

My nickname came from back when I was much younger. It was when I was learning about the internet and spent half my time learning about Tails. I was the first out of my group of friends to recognize Tails as a boy and not a girl. I was listing various other 'facts' about Tails to my friend's and they said "Wow. You must be some kind of Tails master mind to know all that." So it stuck. For the Lunick I use occasionally, if anyone searched the name ever, the most common thing is from Pokemon Ranger, which is where I got it. My sister borrowed it to play, and I saw the guy was named Lunick and I thought it was a really cool name.

Well, at first it was GogotteandSig for youtube sinse I like puyo puyo(ever heard of it?).
It then became Ice Link for a while. Then I remembered: wait... I adore chao!

Chaotic Chao became. The Chaotic part sounds cool, and the chao part for my love for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back