She Said Yes! (SRB2: Marriage Edition Release Date Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations, SSNTails!!! Good luck with your marriage and your future!!!

Can't wait for the final version release! ^_^

Kroze said:
Every journey must have its end.... and the end to this journey will be soon...
Its been an honor playing with you all tonight...

*Kroze picks up violin and starts playing it as the ship sinks*
The end of one journey is the beginning of the next one.

Wait does this mean srb2 is almost at its end?
What happens to the forums now? *serious question*

*falls off computer chair*
I wasn't expecting a new release of SRB2 so soon.
Congratulations SSN! Hope you have a wonderful marriage and get your comic in newspapers!

That's truly amazing, AJ, congratulations to you and your fiancée. This is amazing, a marriage and a milestone. =)

As for the community, I think we'll do OK. If people have been able to stick around for 11 years, I think people will stick around customizing SRB2 relentlessly, refining it, keeping it up to date, etc =P

Whoohoo! A new SRB2 release! Wait, what's that? A wedding? *shot*

Congrats on getting married, SSN.

Holy crapola, this project actually has an end?! I've been following this community and the production of SRB2 while lurking and what not and I have to say, the thought of a released 1.1 is a surprise.

Anyhow, while I understand that a few features will likely be cut due to deadlines and so on, I hope that SRB2 lives up to the hype, but whether it does or doesn't. It's been a fun ride playing the current demo and enjoying the goofs of this community <3

Also, because its now obligatory, congratulations on your marriage SSN! Good luck with real life! and of course, good luck with getting a certain fly in the comics!

Oh! Is anyone placing bets already that it won't hit the release date and instead be delayed a few more years?

This may sound dumb but why dont you release a beta of all the main functions of srb2 (not all the stuff) for beta testing so we can report any bugs found before you release a final version in may.

Well you said you formed a small group of the community to make the project so why not release beta's here for more testing to ensure it works correctly before finally releasing it is all im saying

Silent_Snipe said:
This may sound dumb but why dont you release a beta of all the main functions of srb2 (not all the stuff) for beta testing so we can report any bugs found before you release a final version in may.

The last time they opened 1.1 up for beta testing, JRose messed up and leaked the beta to the public. (he got in serious trouble for that one; he's still awesome, though :3) If SSNTails decides to release it for beta testing, he'll probably be a little more careful about who he makes the BTs.

I think an open beta would be awesome, given that we were beta testing things that had to do more with physics and game mechanics, rather than things like the new content. Except we've already had one of those, I think.

Dare I say it, it would be awesome to be able to test how well the 1.09.4 maps converted to 1.1, but that would be seriously stretching it. I'm still curious about how well NSZ2's switchhunt would convert, among other things.

Silent_Snipe said:
I think Mystic said before that there was a good reason why there aren't any regular releases, although an updated version number would be nice, nonetheless. Meh, I'd rather wait for it though, since the official release date actually isn't far from now anyway. :D

I've already heard that SSN has enough help checking for bugs and other such problems, so don't worry about any exe for now, just wait till Mayish or whatever, we'd be lucky if somehow it came out early for Christmas or New Years.

Congratulations SSNTails! Good luck on both your fiancée and trying to complete your awesome fan game. :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back