What old srb2 version do you miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the early Christmas version with the Proto Green flower zone hidden away. (never could get that version to run)

None. Why would you miss obsolete versions of SRB2 when the current one has a better match system, better master server system, new gametypes, and a crapload of new levels?

None. Why would you miss obsolete versions of SRB2 when the current one has a better match system, better master server system, new gametypes, and a crapload of new levels?

Because of exclusive modes and stuff, like the joke "Super" Sonic form, Chaos Mode and Zim in 1.08

Yeah, those were fun to go through. Different experiences. I was around only during 1.09.4 era, so I don't miss much except for the old match system, it was a lot more original and interesting.

I was around since 1.09.4, I miss the old netgames in Acidmissile/Blue Heaven, Mysticrealm and the big-ass wad collection.

I miss the simplicity of Demo 1. If all of our levels had been that length, SRB2 would already be finished by now.

I have good old v.1.09.4, used primarily for playing Mystic Realm, although it's allowed me to play a few level packs that were, for whatever reason, released during v.2.0.

I used to have the version which contained the latest Christmas demo. I think I'll download it again soon. It was crude, it was rudimentary, but it was fresh and new and exciting. Plus, I like the level graphics and music. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

the early Christmas version with the Proto Green flower zone hidden away. (never could get that version to run)

Which version is that? I would like to look at it.

Personally, I don't miss any of the versions, I miss the great times I had on the versions.

I joined around Demo 2, but didn't netgame very much until 1.08. Probably the greatest times were in the 1.09.4 era, some of the best players were around, and some great friends. It seems like a large sized portion of the srb2 community, left just before 2.0 was released.

I miss 1.1, the match beta. While it was a more incomplete and more imperfect version of what we have now, its release definitely shaped the community. It was really the turning point in my time in SRB2, when I first joined #SRB2FUN after being given the semi-private beta in Jazz's community. For the first time, SRB2 seemed to be moving at a faster rate than our little mod and this brought me back into the main SRB2 community.

I miss nothing, I'm just looking forward, to the future. But I really miss the 1.09.4 secrets. They were more interesting.

Well, coming in during the 1.09.4 era's closing period, I would have to say that I missed that version quite a bit, mostly how interesting it was to get the unlockables. Though, it would be nice to have some sort of unlockable "treasure hunt", where you do certain tasks to move onto others.

It would be an interesting way to get the god menu :3

You need an authentic PC running Win9x for it to work... it'll just crash with DOSBox, etc.

I still like SRB2 Christmas 0.96. I had planned and started working on a "Xmas 1.0" for December 2000 with all new levels, but it never happened.

Christmas demo v0.93 is the version that i speak of, though I can't get it to run, even with dosbox.

That is odd, it runs great on my PC! Wow, did Srb2 start out as that? It's come a long way.

By the way, I will convert the old Greenflower from v0.93 to v2.0, and I will send it to whoever wants it.

Last edited:
Do you still have 1.09.4 because if you want it I know how to get it. Go to google and search finaldemo1094.exe download. Download it on Mediafire and there you have it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back